Playing games on the board

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LL

Reaction score
My sense of humor is a bit unusual, but it never involves messing with people.  "Lookit that!  I egged your car, dude.  Har har har" doesn't register with me.

But it does with someone here, though.  

They figured out a way for BoB to send a notification email through Google Translate, which when opened flips a switch so that ALL further communication with the site is automatically translated into whatever language the jokester found the funniest.

In my case, it is Bulgarian.  Think cyrillic with flowery embellishments.  

Impossible to read, of course.  If I didn't know the position of some of the headers and stuff from experience, I wouldn't be able to post this.

So.  Laughter duly noted by the jokester, I hope, and a return to normalcy would be appreciated.  Failing that, maybe there a way for whoever is doing Huggie's job these days to flip some switch from this end.

PS -- A clearing of my browser history to the beginning of time and a restart doesn't fix it, so it isn't some sort of cookie thing.

I'll look into it LL. We've been having some problems on the board.

OK, it appears that the Gmail / Google Translate thing I saw was Gmail's RESPONSE. Meaning the BoB notification email was actually SENT in Bulgarian.

My computer & browser seem OK in every other way.

There are automatic geo lookups regarding web hosting. proxy settings, and so forth that must be hosed on this end, somehow.

OK, everything just now returned to normal. :?:

Thanks to the New Huggie (if you fixed something), or to the prankster who timed out after reasonable laugh-time was achieved. :cheers:

Your language preference was listed Bulgarian, I changed it back to English.

Your time zone listed as Curacao as was mine a couple weeks ago. You can change that to match your location time under "profile" "time preferences."

Forumotion made major changes a month or so ago and things have been haywire as a result of it. Most problems have been worked out by them restoring things back to normal but we have a glitch now and then.

Any further problems let us know.

Не мога да си представя защо. Не мога да чета български.

Благодарим Ви, че във всеки случай.

LL":79r7o8lq said:

There's a lot of truth to this! :lol:

BoB was always outsourced. If you'd like to correct that you can send a check and we will correct the issue post haste.

Now that's a pretty cool thing! I didn't know I had the power to screw with someones language preferences. "Y'all better toe the line, or y'all will be speaking Bohemian, or lesbian or something!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Admins might want to notify the forumotion team. There should be no way a rogue email signs you in and changes your preferences without the user actually clicking through the proper sequences.

Probably ought to be having this discussion in the closed forum...lol

It wasn't a random email. It was something Forumotion did.. They put me down in the land of beaches and margaritas too.. I wish they'd quit 'fixing things' stupid frenchies.

Carlos":rr88m17l said:
Now that's a pretty cool thing!  I didn't know I had the power to screw with someones language preferences.  "Y'all better toe the line, or y'all will be speaking Bohemian, or lesbian or something!"  :lol: :lol: :lol:
Heh, now that's funny. :D

LL":lclli7ew said:

Rosetta Stone for Christmas?