Playing with Krumovgrad

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Wizard

Reaction score
Well, got a new Oriental leaf in. Played for four hours yesterday getting it destemmed, cased and shredded. Experimental batches are underway! :cheers:

Gosh, for a moment I thought you had a new comrade, Wiz.

Not familiar with that leaf. What you planning?

Stick":dozykt8k said:
Gosh, for a moment I thought you had a new comrade, Wiz.

Not familiar with that leaf. What you planning?
I was hoping for a replacement for Yenidji, and a site offered Krumovgrad as a similar leaf between Yenidji and Basma. A preliminary taste bowl told a bit of a different story, but I've grown tobaccos enough to know that a new place to grow the same strain can produce different results. Perhaps this explains what's going on here. My hopes were to be able to continue some of my home blends, but until I get a grasp on the effect this new leaf has on the baseline mixes I'm employing, I'm cautious about committing more resources and trusting the blends will behave the same. I'll keep you folks posted!

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you. Hopefully you find a blend you can work with.

Jim

Ozark Wizard said: "I'm cautious about committing more resources and trusting the blends will behave the same. I'll keep you folks posted!"

Looking forward to your results!

Hope all is well with you, Bob.