Please recommend a Burley blend to me

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Stogie, a couple more burley blends that I really enjoy are MacBaren's Navy and Mixture Flakes. They have some Virginia and of course the "original MacB cavendish", but still are pretty good burley blends IMHO. Let 'em age a littel, and smoke them slowly.

:cheers:

New Smoker":zo132m5q said:
Hey Stogie, a couple more burley blends that I really enjoy are MacBaren's Navy and Mixture Flakes. They have some Virginia and of course the "original MacB cavendish", but still are pretty good burley blends IMHO. Let 'em age a littel, and smoke them slowly.

Agreed NS, especially the MacB!!

Piet Binsbergen":z6fjrisv said:
New Smoker":z6fjrisv said:

To add one more that I have recently come across on the MacB list is Burley London Blend - Nothing but burley in this one. Really good stuff! Many people tend to stay away from the MacB tobacco because of the dreaded MacBite, but I don't have any problem with their blends biting as long as you smoke it slowly. I believe one BoB described it in another thread as a "smoldering state".

I think the Solani flake is the standard, and also McClelland's Burley by the Slice is a great one, too. I rub it out really well, and it's like a grown-up, very classy Prince Albert. Good stuff.

New Smoker":jpxyx3a0 said:
Piet Binsbergen":jpxyx3a0 said:
New Smoker":jpxyx3a0 said:

To add one more that I have recently come across on the MacB list is Burley London Blend - Nothing but burley in this one. Really good stuff! Many people tend to stay away from the MacB tobacco because of the dreaded MacBite, but I don't have any problem with their blends biting as long as you smoke it slowly. I believe one BoB described it in another thread as a "smoldering state".
Dude just tossed a bowl of golden blend/extra, which is supposed to be a burley based flake, naaaaahhhhhhh tired of this bite on the tip of my tongue, I'm done with this blend,
Will stick to the Navy Flake and the Club, :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'll pile on a second the Old Joe Krantz and Peretti's recommendations. From Peretti's I am particularly intrigued with Cuban Mixture. Delicious.

I know this is an old post, but I had to but in my Favorite - McCranie's Old Master. Smooth with never a bite, easy to pack, burns well and beleave it or not, the wife like's the smell. It a great all day smoke.

Boston's L.J. Peretti makes some of the best burley blends around. Try their Cuban Mixture and BPC (burley plug cut). C&D is famous for their burleys, visit their website and check out the selection. I especially like their blends that were developed by the late Bob Runowski. Pipeworks and Wilke has a terrific burley blend in their Nut Brown Burley. If you like a little sweetness in your burley, try Pipes and Cigars' Butternut Burley. I have also heard good things about their Classic Burley Kake but have not tried it. Boswell Tobaccos has Boswell's Premium Burley, another one on the sweet side that I like a lot.

Smokey