plug cutter need advice please.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarheel7734

Reaction score
I am wanting an antique plug cutter but not sure what to look for. Any advice? I do want it for use, not just decoration.

Ok Richard that one is choice!

Seriously though I'd say the most important thing is to make sure that there are no cracks in the metal anywhere. What looks like an insignificant hairline crack can turn into the Grand Canyon when you go to using it. Being as most of them are cast iron shipping is going to be pretty high as well. You might be better served if you can locate one in an antique shop near you. Then you're not relying on someone else's word that there are no cracks. Also I've seen cast iron crack in shipping because they scrimped on packing materials.

Just my 2 cents.
Jim

So you got some Penzance at last and you want to chop it finer ? It's a Krumble Kake as i recall or have they changed it? :twisted: :twisted:

monbla256":a521e725 said:
So you got some Penzance at last and you want to chop it finer ? It's a Krumble Kake as i recall or have they changed it? :twisted: :twisted:
:lol!: :cheers: :bounce: