Plug

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ocelot55

Reaction score
Well I am thoroughly enjoying a bowl of Peterson's Perfect Plug. A bit milder than G.L. Pease Jackknife Plug with a little more fig to it. This is rapidly becoming my favorite plug, but I've yet to try G.L. Pease Triple Play. How does it compare with Jackknife? Any thoughts?

I can't compare to the Peterson plug since I've never had it, but I can say that like JKP, TP is strong and full. It does have a certain natural sweetness, but no figgy-ness.

I didn't know until now that Pete made a plug. I'll have to get my mitts on some.

3P's is nothing like either JKP or Triple Play. All are plugs but the Peterson's is a whole different animal. 3P's is way denser and has a very fruity topping added. I also think 3P's is pressed and heat steamed (á la Lakeland plug) wheras the GLP stuff is only pressed resulting in a looser, spongier texture.

I felt Triple Play was pretty much JKP except with Perique added. They both have a similar "weight" to them but the Triple Play is a much sweeter blend. JKP I found to be just heavy, and would rank an easy 3rd with the other two. IMHO, of course. 8)

Does C&D still make their Bow Legged Bear? I have just one tin left and it has about 6-7 years on it now. Enjoyed it quite a bit, but now I can't ring myself to open my last one. Was this ever a favorite around here??

I myself have never tried the Triple Play either.
But, I do like the 3 P's alot. I try to keep it as a special tobacco, for when my tastebuds get bored of my other Va's.

If you like the "fruity " in it, and want a bit more, I think University Flake has a litlle bit more "fruit' to it.