PM Magazine Radio Show

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the most part, it's been pretty interesting. I just never have time to listen when the new show first goes up

Count me out. I've just listened to the third one, found though this link, and I'm not impressed. About estate pipes the guy (who's the host) repeats himself again and again. Interviewing Mary McNiel from McClelland Tobacco company he's got lots of questions about the tin art and questions like what's Frog Morton's favorite beverage and if Frog Morton is going to have any children.

At least he got her talking about their use of clay pipes to try out raw leaves. So much better that the drivel about how hot it was back in the day when she invited him to the company party at the zoo--good grief!

I'd like to learn something instead.

I'm with PH. Dropped it after the 2nd show. Its not my cup of tea.

I enjoyed the first one but much better was the Old Toby podcast when it was still around. I wish he would start that back up again.

I have listened to the first 4, and have enjoyed them all. Especially the one with Mary McNeil, as I am a huge McClelland fan.

I like the tradition of sitting back with a good pipe, and listening to the show with no distractions. It gives you an idea how families were entertained at home, before the television invaded America's living rooms.

I may just have to buy me one of those retro cathedral style radios, to listen to Brian pontificate! :cheers:

I like it. You have to take it for what it is, a lighthearted old time radio type, one man show. It will be interesting to see how his style develops and how the show matures. Another podcast worth listening to is Ollie Sylvesters Oom Paul Podcast, which is interview based, featuring pipe carvers and industry personalities. The best show so far was the first, an interview with Bjarne Nielsen that was recorded just before his untimely passing. It's a treasure, a candid insight into the life and personality of a very interesting and important player in the pipe world from the 1970's forward.