Poker pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Headcharge

Reaction score
The poker pipe shape has been calling me for some time. I looking to find a poker priced below 80 bucks. Any ideas? I have been drooling over the boswell pokers, but they are just too too much money for me currently.

Thanks

Luke

I have a David Jones poker and it is an excellent smoker, if you like large pipes.
He has two on now:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/jones6725/m.html?hash=item43b10e60db&item=290733318363&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

$(KGrHqZ,!lQE-4DsnlpVBP5IU5lwQg~~60_3.JPG

$T2eC16NHJFoE9nh6nPOrBP5e!sdHDw~~60_3.JPG

Sometimes they shoot past $100, other times they don't. Heck of a pipe deal, by my experience (mine was $87 I think?)
(wow, that was a bad picture, here's a better shot)

Put Stanwell 207 in your browser. I've had the basic smooth finish Legend model for years and like it a lot.

i love my savinelli 310. one of my fave pipes. you can get it with or without the balsa thingy (i have it without).

doody.

Luke, have Ocelot make you a poker. I vote for that notion, too. 8)

Hell, I'm tempted to ask him. :lol:

I love poker pipes. They're not as easy to come by anymore, and there's something rustic, elegant, timeless and different about them.

Also, Doody, that Sav 310 is a head-turner. What a stunner. 8)

I agree with Kyle. I have been eyeing a poker for awhile now and may have to have one made.

If you count MM Washington cobs as a poker (which I do) I have three. The other one is made of morta. The fact I don't have a briar poker (yet) is something I should change. 8)

I own two little Stanwell featherweight pokers, one blasted one smooth. They are the perfect little flake pipe and are nice for driving because they are so light. I also have a wessex poker that looks great but unfortunately smokes pretty blah. There is something elegant and simple about that shape that makes it pretty appealing.

Headcharge":wnhp822p said:
Ocelot55 and I are in discussion. I see a new pipe in my future!
Post pictures when this happens or we'll find you. :| :| :|

:cheers:

8)

Mr. Doody":r45atz4e said:
i love my savinelli 310. one of my fave pipes. you can get it with or without the balsa thingy (i have it without).

doody.

I've got the exact same one! It was the second poker I bought and my first Savinelli.
My first poker is a real ugly La Roca from my local B&M, it's got a small bowl but it was the first pipe I could smoke all the way to the bottom.

Kyle Weiss":akjolwy9 said:
Headcharge":akjolwy9 said:
Ocelot55 and I are in discussion. I see a new pipe in my future!
Post pictures when this happens or we'll find you. :| :| :|

:cheers:

8)
Ok. Is there a section on the site that I can post pics of the new pipe that everyone can see except Kyle?

Seems like that would be a fun section.

We could create an aros section, he'd never go in there. ;)

It would be interesting to see the work in progress though.

Headcharge":9dyl8w4t said:
Ok. Is there a section on the site that I can post pics of the new pipe that everyone can see except Kyle?

Seems like that would be a fun section.
Post your pics in one of my threads.
Kyle avoids those religiously... 8)

Wait...

...wait...

...wait.

What the hell happened here? :scratch:

:lol:

Harlock, it ain't personal, I just hate your beautiful pipe pictures. Everyone knows that. :p

It's funny: some guys get pegged as "aromatic only," here I am the "fervent aromatic hater." Ah well...better than being an "aromatic only guy." :lol!: Hehehehe. :p