Poll - Lighter or Matches

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Porculo

Reaction score
Just curious as to what's the most popular. I know both have pros and cons, I just want to see where the majority stands.

Since I smoke mainly at and in my house, it's matches all the time. When I "go out" with a pipe it's my Dunhill Unique pipe lighter.

I prefer anything that lights reliably in the wind. Top priority.

8)

Both actually.

Matches to light usually. Lighter to do the re-lights as it goes down the bowl. Again, usually.

Exceptions abounds............

:geek: 

Cheers,

RR

Matches when in connoisseur mood; Bic when reading or writing, for convenience; Zippo when driving or outdoors for its no-nonsense dependability.

Preference: matches, hands-down.

Kyle Weiss":rzxh4y8a said:
Carlos":rzxh4y8a said:
Matches for the first light and Zippo for relights.
That's an odd combo.   Any particular reason?   Just curious.  
I thought the same thing, but didn't want to say anything to avoid influencing the answers. Now that you popped the lid, I am curious as well.

Overall, I prefer matches, but I always have my Zippo with me at home and a bic at work, just in case.

Hawker how is that Jifeng working for you.  Just wondering     MIKE

I use coronas outside all the time if it is really windy have to go to the Zippo. MIKE

I use both, but the lighter is just easier outside. If I'm smoking inside its always matches.

I must admit considerable surprise at the number of lighter responses.

SPUD 15":39ej1y8g said:
Hawker how is that Jifeng working for you.  Just wondering     MIKE

I use coronas outside all the time if it is really windy have to go to the Zippo.   MIKE
Works great Mike of the 5 lighters i have it's my favorite. Surprised how long a refill lasts and the removable tamper that has a screw adjuster for the flame is very handy when you need to turn it up in windy conditions. I used to pack up either my Xikar,Bently or Zippo for traveling now I only bring my Jifeng.

I use my old Nimrod Commander most of the time. Now and again I will use my regular Nimrod or a Zippo.

Jim

Indoors it's mostly matches - big ol' wooden "kitchen" matches for me. Definitely for the initial lights and usually for any relights that are needed as well, though I'll sometimes grab a lighter for a relight even indoors. Outdoors nothing works better than my Zippo, but I've always got matches on me as well, just in case.

Slartibartfast":jpem60x5 said:
Indoors it's mostly matches - big ol' wooden "kitchen" matches for me.  Definitely for the initial lights and usually for any relights that are needed as well, though I'll sometimes grab a lighter for a relight even indoors.  Outdoors nothing works better than my Zippo, but I've always got matches on me as well, just in case.
Me too.