Pop Country listners... prepare to be shocked...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
Jerrad Nieman??

lol...NOT!

Heard Nieman on the radio singing this today, I about fell off my seat...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y0tGNOWvC1k" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" loading="lazy" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Soul Country. It was bound to happen sooner or later. 8)

A damn tight band, too. Thanks for the heads up, PB.

I've always felt that, at least with most modern popular music, the only things that make a song sound like it belongs in a certain genre is the way it's played and the style of the performer.

There isn't anything inherent in a song that makes it country or rock or pop or punk or...whatever.

It's really all just blues in some form or another anyway :cheers:

I find it humerous when people that only listen to this or that skyrocket a cover from another 'category' up their charts..
What's even more interesting is that dada had little success with the original. How's that work, the creator fails the copy cat gets rich???

The original artist won't get much of a payday unless he's also the original songwriter... in which case he'll probably make more dough than the person who successfully covered it.

(Most of the money in any case will still be made by a bunch of dudes in suits in a tall, pane-glassed business tower.)

Ask Bob Marley what happened after Clapton mainstreamed "I shot the sherriff"