Pop Up Trailers

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gravel

Reaction score
The missus and I are looking at buying a used one this summer. Is anyone into PuP camping? If so, what do you think I should have as a feature (refrigerator, toilet, etc...)

Edit: thanks Kyle. I should add that we plan to take our two daughters with us. They love tent camping, as do I, but I love the idea of tow and go, quick set ups and quick tear downs.

I used one for a while on a borrow some time ago, and all it had was a toilet and a sink. Winds were at times a problem, you felt like you were sleeping in a tree, but overall, not too bad. Far better than tent camping. It was a Starcraft 8-footer (I think).

If I purchased a camp trailer one of those too-expensive low-profile teardrop models that are pretty much just a solid-frame bed one crawls into would probably be what I went for. Less leaky, less setup. Some models have neat kitchen setups in the back, too.

YMMV

Did you see there is a place renting the teardrops in town Gravel?

Nope. Teardrops are not a good option for our family at this time.
Maybe when the the kids get older and we can put them in their own tent will teardrops become a good option.