Pork Butt had a date with Weber Smokey Mountain

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_In_MO

Smoker of Fine Aromatics
B of B Supporter
Reaction score
And 7 hours later this was the result. It's resting & cooling now, to be pulled for sandwiches later this evening... Made a batch of Potato Salad and picked up a carton of Cole Slaw. My wife and daughter hate it when I do things like this... 8)

pork_b10.jpg

Aw man, I can almost taste it and smell it just from looking at it. I bet you dont even need a knife, you can just pull it apart..... :king:

MisterE":6ozk5y04 said:
Aw man, I can almost taste it and smell it just from looking at it. I bet you dont even need a knife, you can just pull it apart..... :king:
Yes Sir, all that is needed is a pair of forks - and start pulling it apart. Left it on the smoker until the center hit 195-deg. F. It actually started to fall apart when removing it from the grate.

All Brothers of Briar are welcome here for dinner.

Here is the result after being pulled. This is what's left after my daughter insisted we take a bowl of this to her Grandma. The bowl is still quite full, it's the camera angle that makes it look like there is less than what is actually there.

pork_s10.jpg

Now onto buns and topped with Maul's KC Style Sauce for the family, and a Vinegar Sauce for me. This is gonna be a rough evening... 8)

I F------ hate you right now. I hate myself more for looking at the thread, but damn I hate you.

Some people never learn the definition of real barbeque. That my brother is the real deal! Congrats on the perfect charred exterior! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Nice to see you are spent your time away from work wisely......nothing better than some good BBQ. And I live in the best city in the world for it.

scotties22":ncaiavc2 said:
Nice to see you are spent your time away from work wisely......nothing better than some good BBQ. And I live in the best city in the world for it.
Yeah, it's become almost another hobby. The downside is that family wants me to cook stuff for them at the same time now. They usually chip in a bag of coals or a chunk of meat for us to keep, so it isn't exactly a bad deal.

If I don't have a lot of food to smoke at one time, I often convert one of my Weber Kettle Grills to a smoker. They do a fantastic job as a smoker, and use about 1/3 the amount of coals that darn smoker takes. It's very easy to do, and literally takes only a couple of minutes to switch one over to a smoker. Honestly, I did this for about 3 years before I ever bought that WSM.

We used to have a little smoker with a heating element in it. It worked fairly well, but didn't produce the same tasty treats that a wood fired one does. I don't remember what happened to it, but it dissapeared and I haven't smoked anything since. I do ribs in the oven every once in a while. But, with the options available to me here in KC it is sooo much easier, and tastier, to just order take out.

I love my WSM cooker... made ribs for 7 hours a few weeks ago... I need to fire it up again...

I got a CharGriller w. smoker attachment last year and like it. My go-to pork is a pork loin that I smoke for about 4-5 hours. It is a dry meat and not conducive to pulling. I put it on a slicer and cut it paper thin. Beats the heck out of lunch meat.

I have apple trees in the yard and harvest wood for smoking. It is a delicate smoke that really makes things tasty.

While I hate it when people take pictures of food they buy at restaurants, pubs and diners, I certainly dig people's efforts like this.

Looks wonderful, Rob! :D