Porsche design...Smorsche design!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSmokeamater

Reaction score
This C.B. Weber Streamliner is a pretty common pipe. You can find them with some regularity on e-bay. Pretty cool design for something over 60yrs old, I think! A good smoker too!

It is not briar. If anyone knows what sort of wood was used in these please let me know. There are a few mentions of it on the internet, but none indicate what the pipe is made of.

Much thanks,
Rich

First thing that came to mind was a dipper for a honey pot.

It could be made from manzanita which was used during WWII but most of the pipes didnt last that long due to the bowl cracking.
Best Regards
Richard

Not a clue what it's made from but a damn sight nicer than the actual Porsche pipes. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Dreadgerbil":8td2gkb0 said:
Not a clue what it's made from but a damn sight nicer than the actual Porsche pipes. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.
I agree. This pipe has a lot more charm than a Porsche pipe. It is a vintage Triumph or BSA motorcycle compared to a Kawasaki Ninja. Ninja is fast, relieable, sleek..., but wheres the charm?

I had this pipe dedicated to Dunhill Elizabethan. Had some incredible smokes back then. Now it plays host to Three Friars.

J Soshae":t4h2ek7r said:
So few people anymore are familiar with these.

It is a good looking pipe, glad to hear it smokes well.

I have to say, though; I do love the Top Gear episode where they tried to smoke some of the Porsche pipes.

kieveryuu":z2c8yk9s said:
J Soshae":z2c8yk9s said:

Speaking of honey dippers. Have you seen the Savanelli Miele series? It comes with a honey dipper tamper. I really like this series!

TheSmokeamater":1c1salfv said:
kieveryuu":1c1salfv said:
J Soshae":1c1salfv said:

Speaking of honey dippers. Have you seen the Savanelli Miele series? It comes with a honey dipper tamper. I really like this series!
Thank you for posting that link, that really is a neat pipe and tamper combo.