Poschl Schmalzler SF Südfrucht

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PegLegEd

Reaction score
Has anybody tried any of this. What is a Schmalzler? Where can I get a good box to carry a little in each day? Metal or wood?

I picked up a bag of this a while back..

Schmalzler_Perlesreuter_Waldler_Fresko.jpg

Love the packaging - and the snuff is quite different from others - not my favorite at the moment but a nice addition

the Schmalzler is quite moist and fairly pungent - a real german beer feel to me

shoot me a PM and I can send you a sample if you like

For boxes - those sliding cover teak boxes at the major snuff sites are good - so are plastic smash boxes - but silver or burl wood boxes of this design are my favorite and frequent ebay finds - I found a great burl one for under $40 that usually sells for over 100 - from the late 1800s in fantastic condition

There is a German silver one on ebay now - two days to close - still at a very low price - looks like a great one - auction link - they have it listed in the antique silver category rather than the tobacco category - so I think it will go for a low price...

Thanks, gandalfpc

I appreciate that link to the box, probably will bid on it, if some one else on here wants it let me know so we don't get in a bidding war, please.
PM sent on the sample offer. that is a very kind offer indeed.
Thanks again
Ed