Posella

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mgtarheel":kuul0ohp said:
Any one own a Posella? What is your opinion of it?
I own two. The smooth one, I've had since the 1980s, and have really enjoyed it, though I don't smoke it as often as some other pipes. The rusticated one is a more recent acquisition, and it's great. The rustication is fascinating, the wood good, the construction above average, and the pipe smokes wonderfully. I think they present a good value.

4190141557_d339d12872_z.jpg

5302122907_b429a5d887_z.jpg

I really dig both of those pipes, Greg! That is some cool rustication! And that two star is a beauty thanks for the pics :cheers:

Very well made pipes, and very affordable.
Greg talked me into a rusticated dublin nosewarmer a while back. I love it.

What kind of prices do these command...? I might go on the search...

I'm generally not big on nosewarmers, but that rustication is absolutely amazing!

I think Mr. Pease started a mini rush on those Posella nosewarmers a while back. After he posted his, they were all gone!
The man has good taste in pipes! 8)

Harlock999":hosszqyl said:
I think Mr. Pease started a mini rush on those Posella nosewarmers a while back. After he posted his, they were all gone!
Tell me about it! I just got on smoking pipes to look at the pipe in the 2nd picture and it was sold. I need that pipe!

Harlock999":gs5krd26 said:
I should have said "a mini run on those Posella nosewarmers".
Get it? Run...nose...oh forget it.

Harlock999":6snqk9ar said:
Harlock999":6snqk9ar said:
I should have said "a mini run on those Posella nosewarmers".
Get it? Run...nose...oh forget it.
Yeah, nosewarmers will certainly have a certain "luster" to them after a few smokes.

I might have to rethink an estate nosewarmer now....

:lol!:

MisterE":6jscmah7 said:
[
Yeah, nosewarmers will certainly have a certain "luster" to them after a few smokes.

I might have to rethink an estate nosewarmer now....

:lol!:
S'not as bad as you think...

(little late with that one...sometimes gold runs deep...gotta pick it out... etc... ) :p 8)

Mucous references aside, the rustication is cool,,, I wouldn't stick my nose up at it,,,,,

I'm a big admirer of Jacono pipes, and I recently learned that Vitaliano Posella is Tonino Jacono's brother-in-law, so I had to look into them. And then I had to buy one. Awaiting delivery now from IRC, and kicking myself for ever leaving Chicago. I'd be smoking it now if I hadn't.