Possibly Scammed on Ebay.... Resolution question

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyS

Reaction score
Here's one for you guys. I think this is a typical got-scammed case. I won an item on Ebay (not pipe related) and paid immediately after the auction closed via Paypal. That was on Oct 08. I never received anything from the seller about item being shipped, etc.. so messaged him via Ebay. After a second message he responds on Oct-14 that he thought it shipped and would look into it. Nothing further since. Now for those of you that have had unfortunate experiences like this what's the best way to handle this? Go thru Ebay or Paypal? IIRC Ebay now owns Paypal so it might be the same thing no matter who I initiate the complaint thru. What say ye Brothers of the Briar?

Some sellers take a bit to ship and won't update their stuff. There was a USPS holiday in that timeframe as well. Depending on the distance, this could add time to your shipment.

Without knowing the variables, I would give it one more week and then start a resolution process on eBay.

You completed steps 1 & 2 in eBay's recommended course of action on their Buyer Protection page, so at this point you've done your part. Personally I don't think it's quite time to take this to the next level, but at the same rate you don't want to wait too long either.

Be sure to check what the handling time on the item was set to by the seller, as 10/8 really wasn't that long ago. As of today eBay probably will not take any action if you agreed to purchase an item on 10/8 that was set to allow for 3-5 days shipping & handling. My bet is that this guy is just a deadbeat when it comes to responding to inquiries and the item has been shipped, and he's too vacant to worry about sending tracking info your way.

Anyway here's a link to eBay's resolution center. Good Luck.

http://resolutioncenter.ebay.com/

Thanks, guys. I decided to open a case since (A) his Fleabay ID has been active since 9-12-12 with only 1 seller feedback; (B) I only heard from the guy once and with no concrete shipping info in that response. I'm usually very cautious with new sellers. Honestly, I usually pass them over but I know not every seller is out to scam the public.

So within 10mins of opening the case he responds that his PC crashed a few days ago. He did provide a tracking #, which appears he just got, and will hopefully really ship the item tomorrow. I've never had to wait this long for a seller to provide, at the least, a tracking #, let alone actually receiving an item. Guess I've been lucky all these years on the 'Bay. We shall see what happens.

I'm sure you already know this, but don't close that case until you have the item in your hand... The few times I've had to open a case against someone they almost always ended well. Sometimes people just need a little motivation. ;)

Just as I thought, seller created a label but still hasn't actually shipped. I'm giving him until tomorrow night then escalate and dominate, baby! :!: