Post Hall of Fame?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
puros_bran":7gv0uo40 said:
Nah nah nah ya'll got it all wrong. See here's how ya do it. Everybody pm me their address, the code for their house alarm,their sleep patterns, and their dogs favorite treat.
Then when someone post something stupid I'll go over and club em like a baby seal. Soon the whole board will be full of those informative and intellectual type post ya desire.

See sometimes ya gotta get a little stupid before ya can get smart :D

PS:Just don't post before I have my coffee :D
PB,

That is the best idea that I have heard yet! :!: :lol:

Maybe you could pick up Leroy on the way through TN for some backup. :lol:

I think the concept of creating an archive of serious pipe and tobacco related subject matter is an excellent idea, especially for members who are new to this group or are new to pipe smoking in general.

I can't count the number of times where I went to a promising forum looking for information (not just pipe related), and spent hours and hours searching page after page, and finding mostly irrelevent dribble and very little substance.

A rating system by thread might even be appropriate, where the reader could evaluate the content as to it's interest and usefullness.
Such a system would be almost self regulating, and would allow for fine tuning over time with little effort.

Just a thought.

Mike

Justpipes":hlz4un71 said:
Vito":hlz4un71 said:
But trying to implement it now, after the fact, is liable to result in some membership pruning.

Vito :joker:
How would implementing something that is as positive as what is being proposed here going to result in membership pruning?

Please explain that to me.
Justpipes:

The sentence you quoted refers to the difficulty of making constitutional changes after the fact, not to the original proposal itself. That's a separate issue.

Vito :joker:

Vito,

If it is a technical issue with the board software that is one thing but if the problem is fear of someone being opposed to creating something that would only enhance our genuine interest in our hobby of pipes, collecting them, tobaccos and smoking them then I can't see that position any other way except ridiculous.

Try seeing it as coming up with a procedure to get the really good stuff headlined while keeping those who are out to see their names in lights from posting their own worthless crap there, or getting their feelings hurt when someone else doesn't do it for them.

:face: