Post too much?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leftover421

Reaction score
I just noticed I average about 4.5 posts a day :shock: and I am worried I may be getting a little obsessive or even annoying to other members. I don't want to seem like the newb that won’t shut up but I love sharing what I’m smoking, drinking, and listening to. If I get annoying please tell me so. I can take it :|

Dude, you're good. Relax and post it's all good. Better to have people posting about their joy of smoking than to let this place get dusty. Just shows any visitors that there is still love out there for pipe smoking.

Look at Kyle's post count. I doubt you have anything to worry about..... :clown:

kaiser83":y7ryndq5 said:
Dutch":y7ryndq5 said:
Look at Kyle's post count. I doubt you have anything to worry about..... :clown:
:cheers: :cheers: :lol!:
Have to agree; unless you surpass Kyle by New Year's, you shouldn't worry

I've been around for some time, yet my post count is less than others who have only been here for a less than two years. I try to post only if I have something to say that in the end doesn't just occupy space.

But if you're excited about your experience and want to post about it, why not? A mod told me that the Board consists of whoever wants to be here the most; it seems that that is you.

I find two things about posting important. The above but also tone. I think a public Board allows its members to be orators who declaim what in the end is only their opinion. Also rather than interact in an affable manner, respecting others' opinions, since we know that our posts will have an audience, it is easy to be competitive, to play to an audience so as to achieve Board status. Though I may be careful about quality, in the past I have all too often not been careful about tone.

Quantity and quality; of the two I think the latter is much more important.

Dutch":gkgr3hkx said:
Yeah, when you average up to 20-posts a day or more (he's been slacking off a bit lately), then you might be concerned...

kyle_s10.jpg

:affraid:

Everyone's always saying that Kyle posts all the time, but I seem to be missing them somehow. I feel I'm missing out on something legendary. :(

Sincerely,
Another n00bie spammer

beetlejazz":5r1uvqfw said:
Everyone's always saying that Kyle posts all the time, but I seem to be missing them somehow. I feel I'm missing out on something legendary. :(

Sincerely,
Another n00bie spammer
Nah. he lives in Nevada, no big deal :twisted:

Since Feb of 2009 this makes post 433. I've got to learn to slow down as I get on into my later years.

When people post a lot that's fine with me. I like to read what other people think and their opinions. Post all you like because that's
what the forums are for. interaction and enthusiasm through the posts helps keep the forums and our hobby alive and growing. Of
course that's just my 0.32% posts per day opinion. :tongue: :lol:

There's nothing wrong with posting often. It's those who post more often that define the Forum and keep it going.

Post count, one way or the other means squat.

I almost didn't want to say anything here, as I view post-count thing is a bit embarrassing for yours truly, then again, not posting made me think it'd be viewed as "prima-donna" or aloof...so at the risk of even sounding self-justified or guilty, take it from me: none of it matters.

Enjoy your time here, be kind, learn, teach, and do so how you please. Kind of like with the pipe itself. Me? I type a lot, think even more, and like being in the company of my brothers, be they friends, critics, like or dislike, because this sh*t is real.

Be utterly natural here--that's the par for this course.

8)

Rob_In_MO":sd3tuh5k said:
Dutch":sd3tuh5k said:
Yeah, when you average up to 20-posts a day or more (he's been slacking off a bit lately), then you might be concerned...

kyle_s10.jpg

:lol!:
:lol!: Now I am really not worried :lol!: I think thats 8) to post that much. Thanks Kyle, now that I think about it alot of your post have helped me.

Thanks brothers 8)

I've came to understand that there are some real personalities on this forum. Makes the place all more addictive. :)

Just you wait until I let all my :alien: weird out :twisted: :affraid: you will all be.

Really though BoB is great, love to post when my insomnia kicks in and any other time I’m not doing anything but having a pipe.

When I have something worthwhile to post, I post. Others might post when they don't have anything worthwhile to post. That's life on a forum. I tend to ignore threads that don't interest me, so what's it matter?

tiltjlp":n9oybb2n said:
When I have something worthwhile to post, I post. Others might post when they don't have anything worthwhile to post. That's life on a forum. I tend to ignore threads that don't interest me, so what's it matter?
What Mr. Patton said.