Potent Potables that Partner with Pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trifecta13

Reaction score
Thought this was the best subforum for this particular conversation. I always like to have a drink with my pipe and they've ranged from the usual black coffee to apple juice and all points in between. That said, I often enjoy a small nip of a choice spirit and remark at how they compliment or fail to compliment my evening pipe. A personal favorite that has been getting quite a bit of mileage lately is brandy. Metaxa 7 star (amphora) to be precise. As a student of British literature for longer than most would care for, I always enjoyed the occasional assertion of the restorative properties of brandy. A poor unsuspecting cockney would get trampled by a coach and siix and an upstanding citizen would call for a brandy to cure what ails him. Wile I'm not certain that its good for mending broken bones, I can say that a glass of this particular elixir and a pipe is about as close to the sublime as I've experienced in my pursuit of shuffling off the remains of the day. I'm curious if anyone else has a go to adult beverage to accompany their evening smoke. Please chime in.

I like to sip a good Spanish Jerez region brandy like Cardinal Mendoza or Torres. These are on the sweeter/darker side and pair nicely with the pipe or a cigar.

DrumsAndBeer":oincpbug said:
I like to sip a good Spanish Jerez region brandy like Cardinal Mendoza or Torres. These are on the sweeter/darker side and pair nicely with the pipe or a cigar.
These sound like something I seriously need to try!

I have always leaned towards whisky - either scotch or bourbon for pairing with my smoke. I haven't explored other sipping liquors; like quality brandies or cask grade rums.

Should the weather EVER decide to become warm or at least dry - perhaps I will give those a try. I am strictly an outdoor smoker and I have missed my pipes and cigars over this seemingly endless winter into crappy early spring

Highland Park 12 scotch... smokey and complex... and really consistently good.