Poul Winslow Pipes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airborne

Reaction score
I always take a peek at the Poul Winslow pipes when I go to the various online retailers’ sites and was never really impressed with them. Don’t get me wrong; I think they are fine pipes and very reasonably priced and I‘m sure they smoke well and Poul seems to be a nice guy and all that stuff, etcetera, etcetera, but I was never impressed with his styling. In the last month or so, I’ve seen his pipes on a number of websites and retailers across the Atlantic and wow, what I saw was fantastic ! Actually, I think I saw a lot of pictures on Facebook of Winslow having special showings at various B&M pipe shops in a number of European locations. There was definitely a marked difference in their styling. Most were beautiful !

I was wondering whether it’s a marketing issue (or an individual buying issue). Are they sending the not so good stuff to North America and keeping the goodies for themselves? I don’t see much writing on this forum on Winslow pipes but I’m sure there’s got to be some brothers smoking them.

======
Added: Just looked at his website and you can see many of those really nice pipes there. Quite different than what the online retailers' have in North America. http://www.winslow-pipes.com/

I have a Poul Winslow Crown 200 Smooth Freehand.

I am very happy with the grain and Plateau top.

Not a bad pipe for the money. :cheers:

Airborne":k5vezyom said:
Are they sending the not so good stuff to North America and keeping the goodies for themselves? I don’t see much writing on this forum on Winslow pipes but I’m sure there’s got to be some brothers smoking them.

/

Bingo... alot of higher grade European stuff never makes it here.. and even alot of the higher grade brands never made it here, imagine that, entire brands Americans have never heard of.
For that matter Stanwell always had 6-8 lines that never made it here and that wasn't even high grade.