PPH Surgery

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amenhotep04

Reaction score
Hey guys, I had PPH surgery (for internal hemorrhoids) yesterday. I'll spare everyone the details. The surgery itself was simple. If anyone has had this surgery and would care to share how the recovery went, do let me know.

If anyone is thinking about this surgery but wants more info, let me know, and I'll chronicle the progress over the next six or seven days. As of right now, 23 hours later, zero pain, just some minimal pressure.

:farao:

Here's wishing you a continued pain-free and prompt recovery! I wasn't familiar with the PPH surgery but found loads of info when I Googled it.

Jim

Ol'Dawg":vmntjpsd said:
Here's wishing you a continued pain-free and prompt recovery! I wasn't familiar with the PPH surgery but found loads of info when I Googled it.

Jim
Yeah, lots of stuff on this. I kept on trying to find comments from people who had the procedure. Unfortunately most that I read were pretty negative. I did find some that were positive. The medical field were incredibly positive. Currently, I'm pain free, though definitely feel a little awkward. Vicodin and Valium have helped. And Wiley, Peterson, Moretti, and Viprati have helped as well today. No blood whatsoever today. However, I am expecting some over the next few days. Overall though, so far, no problems. As I told colleagues, if this were my elbow, nothing would have changed for me. This week however, I'm just relaxing, and writing a paper.

Praying for a speedy and complete recovery. Enjoy the pipes, they help more than the valium. :roll:

My best bud (38-years old) had a hemorrhoiddectomy last year and had a horrible go of it afterwards. They had to go back and do another procedure. He had about 10-days of hell. He then had a second surgeon go in and do something to fix the issue. Made me pray I never have the same thing.

Glad to hear your PPH went well! :cheers:

There was an old guy at work who had a hemmoroid operation and he had to sit on an
inflatable ring for some time.We used to get some laughs by letting most of the air out of
his ass tyre and waiting for the scream when he sat down. :twisted:

Winslow

Winslow":fk2bcm23 said:
There was an old guy at work who had a hemmoroid operation and he had to sit on an
inflatable ring for some time.We used to get some laughs by letting most of the air out of

Winslow

That is just wrong :shock: Next let me say, I hope you are feeling better. My uncle just had this done and he says he is at 100% 12 days later. He is back to racing cars already in Richmond. Winslow- are you from Midlo? I went to Monacan over in Chesterfield 8)

Hope it heals up fast. At least you won't have to go through physical therapy for that, like for a broken wrist.

Steve

gonefishing":37wwaty7 said:
Winslow":37wwaty7 said:

Winslow

That is just wrong :shock: Next let me say, I hope you are feeling better. My uncle just had this done and he says he is at 100% 12 days later. He is back to racing cars already in Richmond. Winslow- are you from Midlo? I went to Monacan over in Chesterfield 8)
We did this joke 40 years ago and the guy we pranked used to laugh about it,we weren't mean,
just young.
I live in Brandermill....just moved in 6 months ago....100 yards from the Swift Creek Resevoir
...pretty area for sure.

Steve

Yes... good ol Brandermill! I had many friends who lived there and Woodlake. I lived in Brandon, past Rockwood park down courthouse rd. My friends I played AAU ball with went to Clover Hill. I broke my school record for points in a game versus Swift Creek middle 8) Good times, Hull street rd has got huge since I lived there :shock:

Sorry about the hijack! I hope the OP is feeling better, I will pray for you to get well soon!!

Anyway, a week since the surgery. Went to the doctor for a check up. I've got to go back in about a month just to double check on things, but overall, still a little swelling, but no problems whatsoever. I already feel a lot better than I did prior to the surgery. I'm clear to do anything I want again.

If any of you guys are in this position and want info, let me know. I'd be more than happy to share the specs.

And thanks again for all the good wishes.

I am glad to hear you are feeling better :D Like I said my uncle was racing cars 2 weeks later. This time next week you won't even feel anything. Good luck :D

I had pph surgery on Friday Dec 10. An associate in my office had the same surgery with the same surgeon about 3 months ago. He experienced minimal pain…mostly a feeling of tighness, and is very pleased to have had the surgery. Having had a “guinea pig”, I entered the surgery with high hopes, even after reading numerous posts on boards about bad experiences. I will tell you that When I woke up from the surgery, I had a strong feeling of needing to defecate. The nurse told me that since I had an enema prior to surgery, there was nothing there and that they would give me morphine to ease the feeling. The feeling went away within minutes. I left the hospital about 2 1/2 hrs after surgery and felt so good that I went out and helped my son plow driveways on my atv. I am at 48 hrs post surgery and have never felt 1 iota of pain…zero on the 1-10 scale. I just had my first BM post surgery and nothing but positive experience. I have had very little bleeding, a small spot on pad. I have not taken even one advil since they gave me the morphine post op. To me, this is an amazing surgery but think the results are do to an amazing surgeon who has been doing this procedure since it came out in the early 90′s.