Prayers for my momma.

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puros_bran

Reaction score
I can't remember if I've posted on this.. Pain, drugs, stress.. If I have please overlook it.

Some of you may remember my mom and pops moving to Florida 6-7 years ago.. Pops developed Parkinson's soon after and mom with her lung problems, it was a recipe for disaster. A couple years after moving pops had the subdermal hematoma in his head and then the strokes and the docs basically refusing to allow rehab because they believed it pointless.. Then mom started passing out during coughing fits.. Issue after issue.. I suppose it comes with age...

The latest thing is a couple weeks ago a doc found a estimated 20lb 7in by 7in tumor in moms stomach. They are doing surgery Tommorow to attempt to remove it.
I should be there but they are working on me Tommorow too.. So. Two of us in operating rooms at almost the same time. Geez.

My step-bro just got there tonight. He comes home next Saturday. If I am able me and my family are going to be there next Saturday before he leaves.. If not the Mrs and the girl child are going and the boy and I will be celebrating Christmas and New Years apart from them.

This deal is a mess.

Knowing you as I do Brandon, you're clearly not looking for sympathy. Equally, I'm minded of the fact your family is suffering. And for that reason I will offer up my sincere t&p for your Mom as well as yourself.

Perhaps not much, but it's all I got brother.

Cheers,

RR

Positive thoughts for you and your family, from way up North.

We'll have you and your family in our thoughts Brandon. Best to you all tomorrow!

I am very sorry to hear about the hardships, especially at this time of year. Please stay strong. I will keep your mother, yourself, and your family in my thoughts and send you all my best wishes.

Prayers and Good Thoughts coming your way..Hope all turns out well.

Lots of good thoughts and prayers for all of you guys PB, a nasty situation at anytime but worse at this time of year. Here's hoping you're all well enough to spend Christmas together.

Cheers mate

Tim

Moms through with flying colours.. The Doc declared it non-cancerous. I suppose he knew what he was looking at or for.. She was in there for about 3 hours.

I'm off for more programming.. I'm relieved but exhausted. Not a wink of sleep last night. Funny how stress makes the body do the exact opposite of what's needed to combat stress.

Hi Brandon. We were so pleased to hear about your Mum. Our best wishes for improvement in your health now. Kindest regards. Lori and Tom

Sorry I didn't get online yesterday to read your post Brandon. If there's anything I can do to help you, don't hesitate to let me know. So glad to hear your Mom's operation went well.

Great to hear your mom came through with no complications. That's a great Christmas present right there.

And you get your butt in and out of the hospital in a hurry too.

You need anything holler.

My step-bro called as soon as the doc came out to tell pops what was going on. Mom called 4hours after coming out of recovery. I couldn't help but laugh at her.. She was completely wasted on morphine. She kept telling me "I told them all I was calling my baby as soon as I got out of recovery and I did". Lol. Umm. Yeah. Lol. Your baby is bald, mostly toothless, grey bearded, and severely broke down.

Just the stress relief of hearing she made it and that it was deemed non-cancerous was good enough for me. She can be high all she wants.

On my front.. The Rep, the person that plugs into my junk and programs me, backhandedly told me I'm going to be medically retired. I had said that St Jude Ought to hire people with implants to program because we have intimate knowledge of what the various things feel like. We were talking about her associate in Florida because he has an implant and programs. Then we talked about mom and I told her if I'm medically retired I'm moving down there to be near her and Ms Rep started telling me how much I was going to like the ole boy down there. Everyone else has been telling me don't give up hope just yet, blah blah blah etc etc.

If you're bald, you do qualify as a baby. :lol:

Glad everything went smoothly for you mother. And hopefully your surgery also went well.