present from my wife!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falconer

Reaction score
Check out what the lovely wife gave me! No more stuffing it all into the nights stands. As you can see it'll take me awhile to fill it but I've got a fair start. thanks for looking. Valky

Slow Puffs":ex4hnp9h said:
Excellent :D

Mrs Valky: "Now remember honey, keep the doors shut."
Mrs. Valky says she thinks you're purdy smart! I say you've just been married about as long as me. :queen:

wow valky, you are low on kingfisher! that's a pretty sweet set up. tell your woman your brothers approve! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Muddler":pufqk2hi said:
Nice set-up Valky! What, no booze in the cabinet?!
That's another cabinet and another post some day! Mud isn't it tomorrow over there?

Very nice!!!! I've been looking for a suitable cabinet for months now.
YOU JUST HAVE TO FILL IT UP NOW! :D

Muddler":aoppui8x said:
Yup Valky, it's 4h30! Not sleeping too well.
sorry to hear about that bro! Doc Valky says take two Canadian whiskies and call me in the morning! :drunken: :sunny:

yes, valky's on the right track. let me advise the two hat technique. works for the flu, for sleeplessness, bitchy women. anywho, put a hat on your bedpost. get in bed. consume drink of choice (okay, canadian whiskey if that's all you have). continue to consume until you see two hats. problem solved! your welcome.

Very nice cabinet Valky. Looks like an antique pie safe, very nice indeed. BTW does the brown humidor jar go with the pipe stand? I have one that is almost identical that belonged to my mother's dad.

As our long lost Piet would say ... JIP! It only holds baccy that needs to dry out some though.

As Jim Carrey's "Bruce Almighty" character would say, that is a B--E--A--UTIFUL cabinet!!!!! And, it is so well purposed!!

If I might ask, where did she get it? I ask because back several years ago my mother's mother's second husband made a butt load of pie safes that looked like that one. Even the designs on the front metal panels (I assumed they are metal) are the same as the ones he used on his. He sold several of them to folks that lived in other states. So, I just wondered if there was the slightest possibility that this might be one that he made.

Enjoy it, brother Valky!!! And, kudos to Mrs. Valky!!!!!
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Robert :suspect:

Great cabinet and great wife! I have a cabinet similar that I aquired in a recent re-arranging of furniture in the house. It really helps to have one spot to store everyting.

Bob

beebiz":erji4wtl said:
As Jim Carrey's "Bruce Almighty" character would say, that is a B--E--A--UTIFUL cabinet!!!!! And, it is so well purposed!!

If I might ask, where did she get it? I ask because back several years ago my mother's mother's second husband made a butt load of pie safes that looked like that one. Even the designs on the front metal panels (I assumed they are metal) are the same as the ones he used on his. He sold several of them to folks that lived in other states. So, I just wondered if there was the slightest possibility that this might be one that he made.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Sorry Beebiz, I some how missed you question. It's a Broyhill. She's a salesperson at a local furniture store so gets good employee deals.

Falconer":irv9d5ws said:
beebiz":irv9d5ws said:

Sorry Beebiz, I some how missed you question. It's a Broyhill. She's a salesperson at a local furniture store so gets good employee deals.
Aaaaah... I see! Great fortune there!! But, it is uncanny how much it resembles the ones made by my grandmother's second husband, J. L. Lowrance!

Side note: I don't intend any disrespect toward "Mr. JL," as we called him, by not referring to him as my grandfather. But, before his death, my grandfather was the other half of the matched set that comprised my mother's parents for almost 55 years. Despite the fact that he was a good man and was good to my grandmother, I never developed the loving relationship that I had enjoyed with her first husband... the one I will go to my grave knowing as "Pa Danner!"

Robert

Dear MRS. VALKENAAR,
Please write to MRS. BINSBERGEN and tell her that I have been a good boy!!!!
I too would like such a fine stash chamber!

Nice one brother Dutch, good to see the mushroom in there, I think that shelf needs another PBP PIPE man......... watch the mail my man,!!!!!!

Well done Mrs. Valky!