Presenting The Morgan Nosewarmer Cob

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiltjlp

Reaction score
Phil just sent me pictures of the new Morgan Nosewarmer Cob that MM will soon be offering for sale. The pipe has a reduced size Diplomat bowl, a short amber bit, and an overall length of about 4 1/2 inches. The price will be $7.59. I've been smoking the one Phil sent me, and although I don't care for straight pipes, I really do like the Morgan. At that price I'll be getting at least a few more.

The Morgan will be available in both Natural and Finished versions. It isn't shown on MM's website, but if you happen to call Marilyn at MM, 800-888-2109, you might be able to order tham.

MorganCob.jpg

I'm not into pipes that sit too close to my face (smoke in the eyes... ow)... but what a cob... it looks fantastic!

Kyle Weiss":9al8kw6u said:
I'm not into pipes that sit too close to my face (smoke in the eyes... ow)... but what a cob... it looks fantastic!
I was surprised that I didn't have any problems with smoke in the eyes. It seems to me it's just long enough to avoid that. I only wish that there was going to be a bent version.

OOOOOO...it's like deja vu all over again!

I recently recieved 3 of the MM ponies, a shorter cob with no filter and really liked them, only problem was the bowls are very small.

I had considered calling and asking if it would be possible to get a standard cob with a pony stem. Looks like they read my mind.

That is an awesome looking cob. I'll be calling soon, and if I don't get one that way, I think it's definitely worth the wait. :D

This looks really good.
A tin of Fribourg and Treyer Cut Va. Plug and one of these will fit well into my old field jacket pocket.

Wish this had a bigger bowl. Most nosewarmer have a relatively large bowl, compared to length. I realize they are limited by the size of a corncob.

I've been smoking some Morgans since last fall and I think they're great pipes. I'd called the factory to buy some more natural Diplomats and they were out. Marylin mentioned the Morgans and offered me a few. I liked them and ordered a few more (all naturals which I prefer).

Bowl capacity isn't that much smaller than the Diplomats. They're pretty close to the Prides and one of my
diplomats. The Morgan's have thinner walls. The "Pony" stem (unfiltered) will fit the Morgan putting the burning bowl further away from your face, if desired. There is no better nose warmer in pipeland than the Morgan. The Morgans I weighed were around 18 grams.

I had a 71 minute (great) smoke with LNF once in a Morgan which really surprised me.

Here's a picture of some Morgans (outboard) with two Diplomats in the center for comparison.

WyoBob

002.jpg