prince of wales self closing pouch

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweston

Reaction score
Hi,

I found a Prince of Wales self closing tobacco pouch made of rubber, i can only find the patent and some early 1900s newspaper articles advertising it. i wonder if anyone has any information on this??

thank you

Sammy

sweston":p46tw6yb said:
Hi,

I found a Prince of Wales self closing tobacco pouch made of rubber, i can only find the patent and some early 1900s newspaper articles advertising it. i wonder if anyone has any information on this??

thank you

Sammy
If you have the Patent number you can search "Google Patents" for more info by just typing in the number.
Other then that I haven't a clue sir. Google Patents

It was made by Wm. Warne & Co. ,29 Gresham St.,London. The "works" were in Tottenham, Middlesex.

It was made from molded mineralized seamless India rubber. The earliest date I know of for these 1895. There are ads for two sizes of these from New Zealand newspapers in 1896. They were still in business in 1924. Unfortunately that's all I know hope it's some help.

Jim

huffelpuff":5g9669kg said:
It was made by Wm. Warne & Co. ,29 Gresham St.,London. The "works" were in Tottenham, Middlesex.

It was made from molded mineralized seamless India rubber. The earliest date I know of for these 1895. There are ads for two sizes of these from New Zealand newspapers in 1896. They were still in business in 1924. Unfortunately that's all I know hope it's some help.

Jim
Damn, it just don't get any better than this....

Did a little more digging on the Wm. Warne Co. They also made diving apparatus, elastic bands, engeneers furnishings, water-proof garments, horseshoe pads, and football bladders. Still haven't found a definite date when they ceased operations.

Deepbass long time no see brother!

Jim

The Wm. Warner Co was purchased in 1968 by Lindustries and became their new rubber division.

Jim