Private Label Tinned Tobaccos Favorites Anyone......

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atwageman

Reaction score
I don't see much talk on the forums about private label tinned tobaccos, so I thought I would start a thread.

What are you favorites, or what have you tried?

Mine are....

McCranie's Red Ribbon
Park Lane Paramour
Old VA Tobacco Co. Gettysburg
Old VA Tobacco Co. Manassas

atwageman":otuqa1oo said:
I don't see much talk on the forums about private label tinned tobaccos, so I thought I would start a thread.

Mine are....

McCranie's Red Ribbon
Park Lane Paramour
By 'private label blend' do you mean just tinned tobaccos produced by another manufacturer for a single B&M? I think bulk blends are often a different animal altogether (think Peretti's; Uhle's; old Bufflehead [not the stuff McClelland manufactured for them, but what was mixed in-house], etc.).

Don't know about the Park Lane, but the other three you mention are manufactured by McClelland. Otherwise, nowadays it is either them or C&D (e.g., Hermit, Hearth & Home) for all the 'private labels' I am aware of, save the IRC stuff which is made for them by Altadis or the Smoker's Haven blends which are made for them by Germain. I am sure others will add to this list.

In my experience the manufacturer is more important in the end than whatever label stuck on the tin.

Yes Im talking about stuff tinned for a specific B&M. Im also also aware that McClellend and C&D tin the stuff.

Kapnismologist":hywm56ck said:
atwageman":hywm56ck said:

Mine are....

McCranie's Red Ribbon
Park Lane Paramour
By 'private label blend' do you mean just tinned tobaccos produced by another manufacturer for a single B&M? I think bulk blends are often a different animal altogether (think Peretti's; Uhle's; old Bufflehead [not the stuff McClelland manufactured for them, but what was mixed in-house], etc.).

Don't know about the Park Lane, but the other three you mention are manufactured by McClelland. Otherwise, nowadays it is either them or C&D (e.g., Hermit, Hearth & Home) for all the 'private labels' I am aware of, save the IRC stuff which is made for them by Altadis or the Smoker's Haven blends which are made for them by Germain. I am sure others will add to this list.

In my experience the manufacturer is more important in the end than whatever label stuck on the tin.

atwageman":cqf11ugv said:
Yes Im talking about stuff tinned for a specific B&M. Im also also aware that McClellend and C&D tin the stuff.
In that case, I would say anything manufactured by McClelland: McCraine's; Georgetown; Buza (RIP); and of course the old Bufflehead tinned offerings. Most of all, I would single out the old PCCA blends (some recently resurrected), not a B&M offering per se but certainly in the same tradition as the 'private label' blends.

Piet Binsbergen":9848ffsk said:
Shheeeeesh, I'm lost! :shock:
Hmmmm me too
3D_emoticon_S335.gif