Profiling

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never have had this problem in over 40 years of smoking and I live in the heart of Profiling Land ( gotta watch out for THOSE people ya know  :twisted: ) I had an older lady growl at me when I took a walk down my street smoking my pipe one evening as I passed by her when she was on her porch, that's all  :twisted: 

Are you sure she was growling, Monbla? Maybe it was more of a "come hither" purr.  :heart: 

I've gotten some funny looks for my pipes. I did however, get stopped by a young A-Hole part time Cop when I was smoking a Bolivar Presidente. He wanted to see if I had been "rolling blunts" and wanted to "see" (ie: touch / hold) my cigar!!! I declined, and then produced MY BADGE & CREDENTIALS!!! :p  I explained to him that dope smokers don't use "Castro Sticks" to roll up blunts! He had no idea that particular cigar cost more than what he made in one hour (More like almost two hours!!!).

Well Im on the other side of the coin.. I stopped a guy speeding once and he was smoking a briar.. I know the difference between a glass pipe and a briar..When I gave him a warning ( he was only 12 over) I made the comment ... I cant give a fellow pipe smoker a ticket but slow down.. its 25 through here.. He smiled and said thanks and drove off..

Moosecop":eiyueg2s said:
Well Im on the other side of the coin.. I stopped a guy speeding once and he was smoking a briar.. I know the difference between a glass pipe and a briar..When I gave him a warning ( he was only 12 over) I made the comment ... I cant give a fellow pipe smoker a ticket but slow down.. its 25 through here.. He smiled and said thanks and drove off..
This jogged a memory. I remember a time when you actually might see a policeman smoking a pipe in his cruiser--New York State Police, for one. It was kind of rare, but I have seen it. Seems like it was back in the 1800s, in spirit, but actually the 1970s or '80s. Even then, it seemed they might be violating some official protocol or something. Of course, there are those who have their own reasoned protocol, and those I salute.

I was stopped once leaving my then gf's place. She lived in a garage apartment in a super ritzy neighborhood on the water which had been having some trouble with car theft. I was stopped because I was driving a crappy car and the officer asked what I was smoking. I told him pipe tobacco (GLP Westminster) and might have started explaining the intricacies of the interplay between latakia, fine VA, and orientals. I think that let him know I'm not a pothead.