Promising development in Syracuse NY

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight Blues

Reaction score
I stopped in at Rocky's news today, a local cigar shop, to see what they had in the way of pipe tobacco. Its usually your run of the mill bulk no name fair, I was just getting ready to leave when the owner Mike Glynn asked me "what are you looking for", I replied "good pipe tobacco". He then told me that he was interested in broadening his selection just let him know what I would be interested in seeing in the store "I can get you anything". This led to a 45 minute discussion, as of right now he's looking into getting tobacco's in the tin by GL Pease, C&D, Samuel Gawith and Uhle's, yes Uhle's! I might be able in the not so near future to locally pick up a pound of Perfection Plug Burley. If you know Syracuse this is promising news.

I would encourage all my brothers in the Central NY area to contact Mike and let him know you tobacco needs. Who knows maybe he'd even be interested in hosting a pipe club, great news indeed.

I'm in Syracuse and used to do most all of my local shopping at Rocky's. They kind of fell out of favor with me a few years ago when they were holding a box of cigars for me and then sold them to someone from out of state earlier in the morning before I got there. I still drop in from time to time and check on pipe related things. I'll never buy another cigar from them, though. :no:

There was a pretty good shop there in 1976.

'course that doesn't mean much now . . .

:face:

That's pretty cool. I usually don't stop there since I don't buy no name bulk much anymore but would definitely give them some business if they stocked the good stuff. Even if it meant paying almost a 100% NY state tax on top of the price, it would be nice to have a place right here in Syracuse to scratch a sudden TAD itch. Thanks for sharing the news.

Well,,,this is quite a development,,,I stop in there when I'm down that way and pick up cigars, I've never found their selection of pipe tobacco enticing. Since the Mallard on Walton Street pretty much ground to a halt the pickings are slim for a town this size. I wouldn't mind throwing some business his way if he's serious. It WOULD be nice to satisfy those sudden urges, and to have Uhles available will make the trip well worth it even with the N.Y. tax. I'll be sure to give Mike a call. :cheers: