proper way to fill pipe with Escudo

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mw306

Reaction score
Just open a tin of Escudo and had my first bowl, enjoyed it. Question I have is what is the best way to fill pipe? Roll flakes and load bowl or crumble, this my first experience with this cut. I just rolled flake and filled bowl, is this the correct method?

mw306, great tobac you're exploring there. It's one of my top three favorites of all time. The coins are just such a beautiful presentation. I rub them out completely and then gravity feed the tobac into my pipe. I've never had a problem with burning too fast, too slow, too hot, too wet, etc. by doing it that way.

thanks, after I filled my pipe, I thought it would have been better to have rubbed it out?
this why I joined BoB to keep me on the right path.

There isn't really a "proper" way. Experiment with it, find out which method(s) provide(s) results you like.

I usually fold once (one coin or two, depending on pipe/bowl size), then stuff without rubbing. Tends to provide the pack I like with Escudo in the pipes I like to smoke it in. Different pipe might require different preparation to provide the best results.

Half the fun in trying a new tobacco (for me) lies in figuring out how to smoke it and what to smoke it in! :cheers: :D

I've smoked Escudo for a long time and what works best for me is to peel off strands of the coin, starting at the outside and then working in to the center. Then I pull apart chunk-like pieces from the strands and load those into the bowl.

I also save the inner roundlet for a size that will fit straight into the bowl and load it somewhere along the line while I'm loading the chunks. I found out about doing this method from my last pipe mentor.

One time I made a sort of spiral with the coins (cut the radius, fold into a cone, place in pipe) and capped it with the heart of another coin. It didn't work so well...

I take the coin out of the tin and stuff it in the pipe. Stays lit and tastes great.