Pull that tooth!

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talrmn35

Reaction score
Had to have a tooth pulled this week...which meant a lot of pain and NO PIPE SMOKING!! ':shock:'

Torture for sure...can't wait to be all healed up and light up a big bowl. The worst part is I just received 7 tins of Pease and I haven't gotten to try a single one...grrrr.

Oh well, soon enough I suppose.

Hope you are all doing well so far this year!

That sucks! I've been putting off that dreaded visit for awhile, which is not a good thing, especially since I have a dental plan through work. I'm sort of in a similar boat though, because I've had a cold that just won't go away, and have been avoiding smoking as well. 2011 has not started auspiciously on the pipe front for me. :cry:

I had a tooth extracted last summer, and I can sympathize. The upside is that you can smoke after you finish the antibiotics course post-surgery, and you'll have a hand new spot in your mouth to rest your pipe.

I´ve been avoiding the dreaded visit as well. I KNOW there will be major work so I´m just waffling out of fear, hahaha. No pain or anything, just a long time since the last cleaning- and they always find something thet requires thet damn drill.... :no:

MisterE":bi3ktw7m said:
I´ve been avoiding the dreaded visit as well. I KNOW there will be major work so I´m just waffling out of fear, hahaha. No pain or anything, just a long time since the last cleaning- and they always find something thet requires thet damn drill.... :no:
Yes!! That is so true, they ALWAYS find something...

Ironic thread. I just saw the big D, yesterday. After my cleaning I was informed that I needed about $2300 off work immediately, and about the same amount again over the course of the rest of the year. Needless to say, I'm NOT thrilled.

Hang in there. I hope you can enjoy a pipe soon.

MartinH":gkkf0ucx said:
Ironic thread. I just saw the big D, yesterday. After my cleaning I was informed that I needed about $2300 off work immediately, and about the same amount again over the course of the rest of the year. Needless to say, I'm NOT thrilled.
Now THAT´S what I´m talking about!! Been there, done that, and just know I´m gonna be there doin´ that again. :evil:

Yea thats rough...mine (thankfully) didn't cost quite that much...did cost me 2 days of work though and I think I have met my deductible for the year...In the mean time I have Penzance, Chelsea Morning, Caravan and some Dan Blue Note all waiting to be tried. It's all just sitting there calling to me.... :(

man that sucks -
actually had 2 root canals done during the fall this past year.
I have been putting it off and putting it off for years - until my face decided to swell up over thanksgiving.
I went in after the swelling went down, and they did the 2 root canals and build ups.
They weren't too incredibly bad tho- not just great either. I was so gassed up I didn't feel a thing.
I told em point blank : "if you put that f**kin thing in my mouth, your gonna gas my m$&$F$#$ a$$ up" :)
I left happy, high on good legal drugs, and they probably shook there heads and said to themselves "thank God" after I left :).