Punch London Club Maduros

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

momus

Reaction score
Hey just wanted to give a shout out to one of my favorite "cheaper" cigars...Punch London Club Maduro...box of 25 costs around 45 bucks online. I know some people have complained before about Punch being inconsistent but I've never had an issue with their London Club. Nice medium bodied, toasty cigar. If it was a beer it would be a Fat Tire...if that makes sense? Craziness.

I've been eying those for a while. I might go with the Sancho Panza Double Maduro instead. What about the normal London Club? Connecticut wrapper? Any good?

I'll have to keep this in mind...I don't smoke cigars often, but I keep my humidor full for when the mood strikes, and I usually stock it with Punch (for me, it's still a good bang for the buck if you're only an occasional cigar smoker...I figure if want something "better," I'll stop at my B&M to grab one).

That's a good price too...I figure if you're getting 25 sticks for under $50, anything that tastes better than straw wrapped in a cabbage leaf is a pretty good deal!

I've only tried them with the maduro wrapper. And for 2 dollars a stick---well that ain't bad. Online deals are what created the need for coolidors, after all. At BMs I see them more for 5-6 dollars a stick. I've heard from others that the whole London Club line is pretty solid.
And, if you wanna be real cheap, get some Flor De Gonzalez Torpedos...50 guage...7 inches (if I remember)...get a 50 pack for like 60 dollars or so. Don't knock em. Put them in a humi for a month or so...they have pretty nice flavor for such a cheap stick. Plus, even if you think they are so-so, they are so cheap and a decent smoke you will always have reserve for your friends when they come. And if they don't smoke cigars they will be even more impressed with the size.

There is NO WAY you can go wrong with Punch LC, maduros or EM's. Same goes for El Rey del Mundo Cafe au lait.