punto oro 102

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugsahearn

Reaction score
Hi can anybody give me any info on this Punto oro 102? The stamping are different than the other ones I've seen.
s-l16011.jpg
[/url][/img]

i am curious because I don't see the S crest that's usually on punto oro's

Having 6 blasted POs I have two which do not have the shield and like yours the Italy which is stamped below the model number is barely discernible because of the area of the blasting. How's it smoke? From what I've read today's Punto's and the Gubleo's are equal to if not BETTER than ANY of the current White Spots made today :twisted: :twisted:

Hey Mon thanks for turning me on to punto oros. I have gotten 4 for under 100 dollars since you suggested it a few months back. I've only smoked one do far and its perfect. When I smoke this one I'll let you know. Maybe it's older? I don't know of the 102 sav shape do you

Bugsahearn":j8aayuzj said:
Hey Mon thanks for turning me on to punto oros. I have gotten 4 for under 100 dollars since you suggested it a few months back. I've only smoked one do far and its perfect. When I smoke this one I'll let you know. Maybe it's older? I don't know of the 102 sav shape do you
Savinelli used a 4 digit model number system prior to '75 and switched to a 3 digit after then. Since then they have changed model numbers a few times so that model number of 102 may not be one of the current numbers. What style is it? from the pic you posted it looks like a straight Billiard? BTW, after smoking a PO and if you do, getting a Guibleo you will NEVER buy a new White Spot!! These are two of he FINEST standard shape pipes available today IMHO :twisted: :twisted:

It's a straight billiard! My favorite and something that's seem impossible to find these days. I really like the Dunhill Bruyere billiards, the 3103, 4103 etc, and have really wanted one, but I was looking at some of the new ones and walls are soo thick! That's one thing I can't stand on a pipe, thick walls yuck!

I have  8 Punto Oro's and 1 Giubileo D'Oro  and on all of them the trade mark is stamped in front of the model number. It looks as if the trade mark on your pipe "got lost" in the blasting. Use a magnifying glass and see if you can find a trace of it.

I have 17 Savs in total and all of them are superb smokers.

Savinelli a utilisé un système de numéro de modèle à 4 chiffres avant 1975 et est ensuite passé à un système à 3 chiffres. Depuis lors, ils ont changé plusieurs fois les numéros de modèle afin que le numéro de modèle 102 ne soit pas l'un des numéros actuels. De quel style s'agit-il ? d'après la photo que vous avez postée, il ressemble à un billard droit ? BTW, après avoir fumé un PO et si vous le faites, en obtenant un Guibleo, vous n'achèterez JAMAIS un nouveau White Spot !! Ce sont deux des meilleurs tuyaux de forme standard disponibles aujourd'hui à mon humble avis :twisted: :twisted:

Je suis content de lire votre discussion car je me suis offert une sauvegarde du livre d'or 102 et je ne trouve pas cette forme dans le catalogue.
j'ai cru un moment avoir acheté une copie. Mais cette pipe est tellement merveilleuse à fumer que j'en doutais. C'est un billard droit de taille moyenne...un formidable objet.

Je suis content de lire votre discussion car je me suis offert une sauvegarde du livre d'or 102 et je ne trouve pas cette forme dans le catalogue.
j'ai cru un moment avoir acheté une copie. Mais cette pipe est tellement merveilleuse à fumer que j'en doutais. C'est un billard droit de taille moyenne...un formidable objet.
Machine translation:
I am happy to read your discussion. I did not find this format in the catalog. I thought for a moment I had bought a copy. But this pipe is so wonderful to smoke that I doubted it. It is a straight billiard of medium size... a great object.
Sorry, I was saying la savinelli giubileo d'oro 102