Question about MacQueen Pipes...

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree it is a small amount of employees. So I have tried to be patient with them. However, lying to me about a replacement that never came (I can only assume lying since no product showed up and I have had no further responses since June) is unacceptable customer service. If they cannot meet the demands of internet sales, perhaps they should not be selling on the internet directly (my personal opinion) and should only be selling through authorized distributors. I held off writing a negative review of them for months, trying to give them the benefit of the doubt. All I asked or hoped for was a legitimate response to my questions. I would have been happy if they would consistently get back to me within a week. But more than a month or two (or three) is just plain wrong.

If they ever contact me or send me my promised replacement, I will gladly update this post.

Regards,
Bob

Definitely try to order your Macqueens through a dealer. Cigarstorejay, a Brother, sells them when he can get them. He's a great guy. As far as the pipes go, I really enjoy smoking my Macqueens. While they're essentially novelty/niche pipes, mine are very well made and smoke great.

On a bright note, the Wizard I ordered in February arrived at my parents in IL today. Only 7 months, I think they are getting quicker with production, who knows at some point they may even make it to a half year of waiting.

Sloppy Joe - Thanks! I will check out possibly ordering through the place you mentioned. I do totally agree that the pipes smoke really well! For that, if you have the patience, I do recommend the pipes. I will not deny that! It's just difficult for some to wait so long. ;)

I will re-iterate, I love how my Wizard pipe smokes! I'd order another in a heartbeat if I knew I for certain I wouldn't have to wait so long or knew my next order would not get 'misplaced'. So I think I'll wait until a dealer has what I want in stock.

Kaiser83- glad to know you received yours. I hope you enjoy your order!

Bob

kaiser83":a4ouxxya said:
On a bright note, the Wizard I ordered in February arrived at my parents in IL today. Only 7 months, I think they are getting quicker with production, who knows at some point they may even make it to a half year of waiting.
Damn, I think there may be an ember of burning resentment in our brother K. I can juuuust about pick up on it :D

Well I said I would post an update should they finally respond to me or I receive the promised replacement pipe. I never thought I'd get the pipe but guess what was in my mailbox today???

So, to conclude. I am very happy with their pipes! I will recommend them, but ONLY to the Very patient. If possible, order through a dealer when it is in stock or on eBay. But as with many of the threads I read previously, you WILL get your pipe order, and I can now say from personal experience, they will indeed stand behind the product! (it will just take a long time with little communication)

I'm very very happy they do indeed stand behind their product and I will be sending them a thank you email as well.

The funny thing is, they shipped this (per the package) Sept 4th. Had they emailed me confirming this, I would have never written this review in the first place. Ah well, I'm a happy guy now though.

Cheers and happy smoking!

Bob