question RE two pipe makers?

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ED_X

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience or have smoked a Russ Cook pipe? Or a Michael Novak pipe? Thinking about getting a pipe from one of these makers and need some advice.

Thanks,
Ed

I haven't had experience with either of those makers sorry.

I met Russ really briefly at the Kansas City show last year. I liked the look of his pipes. Friendly fellow too.

As far as Novak, his pipes really aren't my style but I am impressed at their value. His pipes are very reasonably priced compared with other artisans.

Ocelot55":pzcu9vhh said:
I met Russ really briefly at the Kansas City show last year. I liked the look of his pipes. Friendly fellow too.

As far as Novak, his pipes really aren't my style but I am impressed at their value. His pipes are very reasonably priced compared with other artisans.
I had that same sort of feeling, that the price was very reasonable for the amount of work on each pipe. Just not sure if his designs aren't a tab bit too wild for me.

Ed

Russ is not only a great guy, he makes a well executed pipe. I don't think you can go wrong buying a pipe from him. I don't know Michael Novak so I can't speak to his work.

Wayne_Teipen":76yn3zup said:
Russ is not only a great guy, he makes a well executed pipe. I don't think you can go wrong buying a pipe from him. I don't know Michael Novak so I can't speak to his work.
Thanks for the advice, and BTW I really liked that billiard you have on your site. Really a very nice looking pipe. I noticed you're in Cloverdale. I grew up in Indianapolis and visit often as my Mom still lives there.

Ed