Questions on Trout Stream Blend

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TallSmoke

Reaction score
I love the HPCS Adirondack "Trout Stream" blend. It has become by far my favorite blend. I know lots of smokers aren't big on aromatics, but this one just does it for me. The flavor and taste stay 90% of the way through the smoke, the room note is favorable, and it stays lit the whole smoke, too. A couple of questions

A. Does anyone else smoke or have experience with the blend?

B. If so, does it cellar well? I'd love to buy a mess of it, but not if it will lose these characteristics and go sour 5-years from now. I have about 2 oz. left and am ordering again in the next week, probably.

Thanks a bunch for any insight.

I have only smoked a couple of bowls of it when sampling from a box pass and it was very flavorful.

I went through a pound of Trout Stream. It is a fairly tasty blend perfect for the warm weather.
Because of the large percentage of black cavendish I think it makes the flavor a bit flat for me.
Good stuff but I enjoy so many others better.

I agree guys. I'm always up for recommendations of similar tobaccos. Cool smoking, mild, flavorful tobaccos.

Tallsmoke,
I too and very fond of this blend. As for aging, I've had a pound of it jarred up for about a year now. I take out a half ounce or so at a time, and reseal the rest. So far so good!! Have not noticed any improvement to speak of, but it hasn't lost any thing either. Buy a bunch while you still can! :pipe:

KRG":s9y0nl2z said:
Tallsmoke,
I too and very fond of this blend. As for aging, I've had a pound of it jarred up for about a year now. I take out a half ounce or so at a time, and reseal the rest. So far so good!! Have not noticed any improvement to speak of, but it hasn't lost any thing either. Buy a bunch while you still can! :pipe:
That's what I'm thinking. Heck, I'll buy a few Mason Jars full. The worst that could happen is I'd be out 50 bucks or so if it turned bad. The best that could happen is that it would still be flavorful after all the bans that seem to be coming.

TallSmoke":2tctlwq4 said:
A. Does anyone else smoke or have experience with the blend?

B. If so, does it cellar well?
Yes. I've smoked a few pounds of it.

As with any cased aromatic, it does not age like straight Virginia tobacco does. If you seal it in a jar, it will keep, but it doesn't improve with age. It just remains the same.

I"ve got about 5 pounds of Trout Stream jared and put away,I really enjoy this blend,I just opened a jar that was 3 years old,still a great smoke just not as sweet as the fresh stuff,nothing major at least for me still an enjoyable smoke.