Quick smokes

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ocelot55

Reaction score
This morning I got up and the weather was perfect for coffee and a pipe, crisp, cool, and not a trace of wind. I didn't have a lot of time before work so I knew it had to be a quick smoke and I had just the pipe, a group 2 Dunhill Shell zulu. I filled her up with some Royal Yacht and off we went. Ten-fifteen minutes of bliss.

How about you guys? What's your quick smoke? Please post along with pics if you are so inclined.

Never had a quick smoke unless it was a cigarette. Although I have some small pipes
like that I've never smoked them. Just figured it was a waste of time for me because
I unlike others have nothing but time nowadays.
Oh! and quite chewing on that Dunhill bit, makes me crazy. I reckon you need some softies for Christmas. LOL!

%3Ca%20href=
panelp11.jpg
" />

This is my paneled prince....a 15 minute smoke...exclusively flakes.

Sorry but i don't know how to post pics.
But i love my wee Alco Falcon.

I also have a little Pete Tankard. Mine is newer and the band looks cheap compared to yours Brewdude. It does make for a nice quick smoke, although if I fold 3/4th's of a flake of ODF into it, it's a good 45-50 minute smoke. Ribbon cuts are quite a bit faster though.

I also have a little Stanwell Featherweight that makes for a good quickie.

DrumsAndBeer":v73dijln said:
I also have a little Pete Tankard. Mine is newer and the band looks cheap compared to yours Brewdude. It does make for a nice quick smoke, although if I fold 3/4th's of a flake of ODF into it, it's a good 45-50 minute smoke. Ribbon cuts are quite a bit faster though.

I also have a little Stanwell Featherweight that makes for a good quickie.
I hasten to add that those pics were from the seller, and the stems were pretty oxidized when I go them. Took the Magic Eraser to them followed with some Obsidian and they look pretty good now.

Cheers,

RR

I use my GBD Oval Mandarin for my "quickie' smokes. The bowl is only 1 1/8" deep and the bowl diameter is 1/2" X 1" wide. I wish it was a bit larger because I only get about 15-20 minutes smoking time with each bowl and it's one of my best smoking pipes. :( 

AJ

Last year I bought my third "estate" pipe. an unsmoked Orlik Captain Black pot which is about a grp2 sized pipe and when I smoke any of my ribbon-cut English/Balkan blends gives me just at 30 min worth of a smoke. * I usually get 1 hour or better from my Va Flakes in my "regular" sized pipes.

I have one very small Big Ben bulldog puppy which I use when travelling by car. I never smoke in my car. I take a quick smoke while stopping for petrol or to use the rest rooms. This little beauty is perfect for that purpose.

I never liked BIG pipes (EX types). However, I bought a couple of estates which turned out bigger than I estimated from the photos. And now I favour bigger pipes ! Seems to smoke cooler and obviously the smoke lasts longer.

My #1 favourite at present is my Sav Punto Oro 706L