Quiet day on the board

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
puros_bran":i31jpbax said:
been up either 48 or 62 hours... Insomnia sucks.
You ought to give truckin' a try. Sounds like you're made for the job. :lol:

12 hrs at work, relaxing with pipe and brew,,,,,repeat,,,,

Wind chill this morning was 41 below zero. Didn't have to run the school bus.

Keeping warm and enjoying my pipe.

Today was my last day of class before Thanksgiving break. It's been a long couple of nights getting papers and such done. Need to smoke a pipe before the night is done.

Ran some errands today and went to the dentist, and then had a nice dinner with my family, a belated birthday dinner for my cousin.

It kind of sucks though, I'm back at my parents' for Thanksgiving, who are non-smokers, and I find myself not attracted to the idea of smoking outside. I've avoided it altogether so far, in fact, although I'm sure I'll have something Thursday night. I guess I've gotten spoiled, but I really wish I was at home in my recliner right now with a pipe and a book.

Pretty beat. Hard weight lifting session in the morning. Followed by two hours of martial arts. Then a few hours at my favorite B&M then work moving heavy stuff as usual

My step-father died Monday. Took Mom to funeral home yesterday to make arrangements. Gotta preach his funeral Friday. Oldest son having problems. Not so good this week.
But, I'll be fine in a few days. :|

Tired, very tired. I haven't gone to be before 1am this week due to working on papers and projects for school, then I get up at 6 to 630 with my 2 year old. Unfortunately, the only time that I can do homework is when he takes a nap or after he goes to bed. Most days I nap with him, but with crunch time I have needed every spare minute for schoolwork. Oh well, it is all over in a couple weeks, then I have a nice 6 week break until it all starts up again.

Hey, I am GREAT. Was up early yesterday, gave a webinar for about 30 people in our company, worked in the office the rest of the day. Went to the gun store and picked up my new 1911 pistol, brought it home, field stripped it and cleaned and re-lubed it. Admired then locked it away in the safe. Had a second bowl of McC Wilderness.

Today we are starting preps for tomorrows Thanksgiving meal.

Life is good!

That does sound a rough week Centurian. Best wishes to your family and yourself.

jhuggett":pk7u311o said:
That does sound a rough week Centurian. Best wishes to your family and yourself.
Yes, best wishes... I hope you can still find some decent family moments over the weekend.

Thanks, Guys. Mom's holding up pretty good and we'll get through it. I sure appreciate they members of the Board. I can always find something on here to lift my spirits.

Yes, best wishes to your Mom, you and your family. It can be rough losing a loved one at this time of year, but I am sure having everyone around will be a great comfort.