Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bazsup

Reaction score
Saw this quote. Liked it and thought somebody else might too. Bob

“Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing.”

Jerome K. Jerome

bazsup":gknhiies said:
Saw this quote. Liked it and thought somebody else might too. Bob

“Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing.”

Jerome K. Jerome
I haven't read a lot by Jerome, but what I did, I enjoyed. He was a very funny guy.

A good sentiment to live by. I've had to learn the part about "friends worth the name" the hard way, so that part of the quote seemed to stick out the most.

Thanks for this.

bazsup":e95iml5b said:
"...one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog...
A dog could serve 3 purposes here.

...And for troubled relationships, he doesn't actually say that the "someone to love and someone to love you" has to be the same person.

I like that.. is that from 3 men in a boat? I just finished that book last week..
It's so funny how reading has become such a daily part of my life, where each day I find something I read to correspond with another book, TV, Movie etc. etc.
I wish I read when I was supposed to in High School..I wouldn't be playing catch up now...