Ramping Up Aromatics

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big G

Reaction score
OK, I admit it - I like aromatic tobaccos.
Besides, there are so many "straight" tobaccos that have a topping I'm not sure what an Aromatic really is!
Recently I opened a 10 yr. old tin of Rattray's Hal O' the Wynd that initially I'm finding a bit too harsh.
Mixed a bit of the Rattray's with an equal part of some Tobacco Galleria Rum & Maple that's delicious but a bit mild.
After adding the stronger VA - now your'e talkin'!!!!
I've done this in the past - rev'd up a mild aromatic with a stronger baccy & it always seems to make for a better smoke.
If you don't believe me, mix some 1Q with some Five Brothers & hold on!!!
Glen
Uhle's Par Shooter in a little Sasieni Litewate Canadian

to each it's own, but holy sh... I don't think i could do that to 10 year old HOTW ;)

Good for you Big G,,,,,if you've softened a harsh tobacco or beefed up a bland blend with a pinch of this or a handfull of that, then you've esentially become a blender,,,,custom tailor your smoke to fit your tastebuds and enjoy your creation,,,I say damn the purists and break new ground,,,

Big G is the kapnismological equivalent of a chubby chaser, is all. :lol: By definition, there ain't no right or wrong. It's whatever floats your boat.

Rock on, bro.

One thing I tried when I was younger was to "amp up" really sweet aromatics with blending perique. Believe it or not, it worked wonders! On the other hand, I have always REALLY liked perique, to the point that my favorite "all day" blend is Old Joe Krantz (25 percent).

I did the same thing with some Peterson Irish Oak that nearly knocked me over with how strong it was. Added a little store blend black cavendish and enjoyed it a lot more.