RE: Dunhill

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ED_X

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I've never tried Dunhill pipe tobacco, but was thinking about taking abvantage of Smoking Pipes buy 4 get 1 free. Normally I smoke Magnum blend by JM Boswell, Cairo, Lagoda or Frog Morton on the Town. Any suggestions for tobacco Dunhill? I've read the descriptions on Smoking Pipes website regarding the different Dunhill tobacco but didn't find them particularly helpful.

Thanks.
Ed

ED_X":v2u2haui said:
Gentlemen,

I've never tried Dunhill pipe tobacco, but was thinking about taking abvantage of Smoking Pipes buy 4 get 1 free. Normally I smoke Magnum blend by JM Boswell, Cairo, Lagoda or Frog Morton on the Town. Any suggestions for tobacco Dunhill? I've read the descriptions on Smoking Pipes website regarding the different Dunhill tobacco but didn't find them particularly helpful.

Thanks.
Ed
Since you've not yet tried any of the Dunhill mixtures, I wouldn't go with the smokingpipes.com deal as you will need to get all 5 of the tins the same blend and if it was not to your liking you've got 5 tins of a 'bac you don't like !! I've smoked most of their blends over the years and would suggest you might want to get a tin of EMP and a tin of 965, and smoke these two before you branch into some more of their blends. I currently keep three blends in my rotation, Royal Yacht, London Mixture and Dunhill Flake. They use quality 'bac and are very consistant, taste and aroma wise btwn the blends. JMHO :twisted:

Too bad you can't mix'n'match that deal.

I think today's Dunhill 'bacs by Orlik are great, but only you can make that decision for yourself.

If I were forced to suggest something based on your current smokes, I'd say Dunhill Flake, EMP, and 965. Dunhill Flake didn't do much for me, I found it too tame, but it certainly wasn't bad. EMP being one of my favorites, and 965 I'm still on the fence about--but others say it's good stuff. Nightcap I'd suggest only if you're really into Latakia. Great stuff.

They are all very consistent, as Mon said, like 'em or not.

There isn't a bad Dunhill blend. Nightcap is loaded for bear. Standard Mixture is a daymn fine smoke with some Latakia. London Blend seems to be a variation of the Standard Mixtures for me. EMP is the sweetest of the Latakia mixtures. Royal Yuck is an unusual Virginia blend flavored with something, I think it's champagne. But what do I know. Loaded with vitamin N. 965 varies for me. I think it's picky about the moisture level. Get it right, it's fantastic and a bit stout in strength.

If you do the deal and decide you don't like it and do not want to age it, PM me and we can always work a fair trade on any of them.

I've heard very good things about De Luxe Navy Rolls, check TobaccoReviews.com for greater insight

ha ha ha, I'm not saying the site is not known, I'm saying, 'if you don't believe me, check tobaccoreviews'.

There's a post in "the tobacco jar" just above yours discussing dunhill further, if you want more reading, but in short, yah, it agrees with your thoughts.

Royal yacht, early morning pipe, dunhill flake, london mixture, nightcap. I've not tried london or flake yet but just ordered them. Really like the other 3.