Recommend a OTC mild Tabac for mornings

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fight'n Hampsters

Reaction score
What OTC brand would you recommend as a good mild morning smoke. I want something that is mild and perhaps go well with a cup of coffee.

Thanks fellas

Well now Carter Hall is a good choice, but I believe pipe culture currently only accepts blends with latakia in them to be for mornings. Doing otherwise could cause irrevocable damage to your pipe and bodily harm.

Chelsea Morning, Early Morning Pipe...hmm, don't know any OTC lats.

Recently received some Prince Albert through a trade as an extra. Actually never tried it before, and gave it a go one weekend morning after b'fast. Pleasantly surprised too as I didn't expect much.

Not complex or anything, just a solid no-nonsense mild Burley with a bit of nic to help kick-start my morning.

Cheers,

RR

Storm_Crow":eippakj4 said:
,,,,I believe pipe culture currently only accepts blends with latakia in them to be for mornings..
glad I'm not cultured

Again I would have to say Granger. I know they are not OTC blends but Hearth and Home has some good burley blends. I like the Classic Burley Cake , and Butternut and burley,both are worth a try IMO.

Storm_Crow":nkmcri0i said:
Well now Carter Hall is a good choice, but I believe pipe culture currently only accepts blends with latakia in them to be for mornings. Doing otherwise could cause irrevocable damage to your pipe and bodily harm.

Walnut has a touch

DrT999":wfc4ejcg said:
Storm_Crow":wfc4ejcg said:

Walnut has a touch
Ah, I did have that once, and enjoyed it.

Did a moderator remove another post I just made on this thread? I'm kind of confused.

DrT999":e1tb5h23 said:
Storm_Crow":e1tb5h23 said:

Walnut has a touch
Thinking this over, although I'm not a big fan and it certainly has no latakia, Half & Half might go well with a morning cup of coffee. . . .

Storm_Crow":v3eiffqz said:

:lol:

Just a good otc smoke CH.

For a good otc smoke with nic in the morning PA.

Had CH for the first time this morning. Good stuff! It tasted like it has a molasses/ brown sugar like flavor. Nice and smooth.

Rob_In_MO":34ocndel said:
CBW or CBR would be a fine choice. I often smoke a bowl of CBW to start my day. I haven't died or been culturally shunned (yet) for doing so.
I always found I prefer Aros later in the day, I guess I just associate them with dessert. I like PA and CH early on - OJK too for a bit stouter smoke.

mark":8s7780f9 said:
Storm_Crow":8s7780f9 said:
,,,,I believe pipe culture currently only accepts blends with latakia in them to be for mornings..
glad I'm not cultured
Me too, I couldn't abide the silly hats.