Recommendation for a pure burley flake tobacco

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

U-235

Reaction score
Hello,

Can anyone suggest a 100% burley flake other than Solani's Aged Burley Flake.  I came across a series of four burley flakes from Cornell and Diehl, but they have virginias, some have perique.  Beside the drugstore tobaccos, I know nothing about pure burley flakes.

Cornell & Diehl - Safe Harbor Flake

It has some bad reviews because the early Tins were subject to a fermintation which caused a putrid flavor. This was an attempt at recreating Edgeworth Sliced. I talked to Chris over the phone last week and he stated it is no longer being produced due to low sales. I guess the bad reviews killed it. So if you can find it give iit a try.

Hers some pics I took last week,
20140514_175048.jpg

20140514_175134.jpg

20140514_175325.jpg

Thanks guys for your recommendations. In my next order, I will get a tin of Wessex Burley Slice and C&D Safe Harbor Flake. I could not find Peretti or Park Lane - I think I would have to order them directly from their store. I have seen on web that Wessex Burley Slice is the reincarnation of Edgeworth Sliced. And I have seen tins of Edgeworth Sliced on eBay. Is it worth to spend all that money for a tin of Edgeworth? It would be much less expensive to purchase Wessex Burley Slice.

U-235":0cimvfgi said:
Thanks guys for your recommendations.  In my next order, I will get a tin of Wessex Burley Slice and C&D Safe Harbor Flake.  I could not find Peretti or Park Lane - I think I would have to order them directly from their store.  I have seen on web that Wessex Burley Slice is the reincarnation of Edgeworth Sliced.  And I have seen tins of Edgeworth Sliced on eBay.  Is it worth to spend all that money for a tin of Edgeworth?  It would be much less expensive to purchase Wessex Burley Slice.
That is indeed the case for those.

Cheers,

RR

Just to warn you about Safe Harbor, the nicotine is strong with this one. Half a bowl and my head was spinning. The flavor though was delicious. This is a top quality burley. It has a super light casing taht I couldn't put my finger on that, in my opinion, adds to the enjoyment. I think this will be my special occasion (on a full belly) smoke.