Reddington Fly Rod

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stinger4me

Reaction score
For those of you who enjoy fly-fishing, what do can you tell me about a Reddington Pursuit Fly Rod? I am considering one in 4 wt. and 2 pieces. I fish with nymphs and streamers in smaller streams and rivers. thanks very much for any information you can provide.

Stinger

I don't think you can beat the price and last I knew they had a lifetime warranty. My nephew has a 5wt and let me try it a couple hours this summer while we were fishing. I think he said he got it from Cabelas. I thought the quality was good and well worth the price.

The best 3wt rod I've ever had was a two-piece Redington. It had a very quick action and I just loved it for smaller water. Unfortunately, I managed to slam the tailgate on the tip a few summers back and that was it. I never got around to sending it in for repair. I probably should because it was that good.

I can't speak on the Pursuit, but I purchaed a Redington Voyant 690-4 in August. I LOVE it. Catches pan fish with ease and has enough weight behind it to handle the somewhat bigger trout and small mouth. Very smooth casting and flex. And as i'm sure with the Pursuit, the price was excellent. I don't think you can go wrong with a Redington for the price and quality.