Reintroduction

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler

Reaction score
I'm not new here, but I haven't been around much for the last several years. Since I don't recognize many of the participants, I figure it's most polite to reintroduce myself.

I live in West Texas where I'm the preaching pastor at Midland Bible Church. I'm married and have five kids, ages 15-7, four girls and the caboose is a boy.

I love pipes, fly fishing, and making things. I combine the making things with other two, and make pipes and bamboo fly rods. It's big fun.

I got interested in pipes when my mother in law sent me a few that she had stumbled upon. She knew I enjoyed cigars, so she thought of me for the pipes. That started an interest that I've enjoyed ever since.

It's good to be a part of things around here, and I look forward to more regular participation. Thanks for having me.

Tyler

Welcome back Tyler. Please post some pice of your work.

A big welcome back, Tyler. Gee, you make some beautiful pipes! Looking forward to your participation.

Great looking pipes for sure, hope to meet you in Chicago this coming year.
Welcome back to BoB.

Your knowledge will be welcomed back to the BoB....look forward to your posts..

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Jim,

Which bulldog do you have? I'm always interested to "find" my pipes. Some make interesting journeys. :)

Mozjo33":he7immoo said:
Welcome back Tyler. Please post some pice of your work.
You can see some of my work on my website (link below in my sig.). On the "About" page on my site, there is a photo of a bamboo rod. I haven't made near as many of those, and photographing them well is darn hard, so I don't have many pics.

Thanks again guys.

Tyler

Ol'Dawg":2quv961t said:
Tyler,

My bulldog is the one you made for the Smoker's Haven 65th Anniversary set.

Jim
I thought that was the one you had. I hope it's been a good pipe for you.

Tylerbeard1.jpg

Hello Tyler!

We all really hope that you are able to find the time to post.

I'm really looking forward to the sail!

Tom Gwilt

Hey Tom! Good to find you here.

Thanks again for the welcome guys.

I remember reading about your triumphant return to pipemaking on A Passion for Pipes and am personally delighted to see you posting here. Your generosity and passion are infectious and I really appreciate you bringing both to the table to help guide me as I make my first pipe.

A very big welcome back!

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

It's good to see some old friends here, and I look forward to making new ones.

Tyler