Relayed Message From Bulldog Bruce

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I PMed Bruce as well, as I went through the procedure in March 97 and doing great, thank God! It's a scary, scary time.

I'm not sure why I used the word "procedure" in my prior post. A transplant is a hell of a lot more than a procedure - for me, a month in ICU, 8 hours in surgery, another week in ICU, a week on a ward, then discharge and recovery. My ride since the transplant has been very smooth, no serious health issues.

RonA3597":npqheo47 said:
I'm not sure why I used the word "procedure" in my prior post. A transplant is a hell of a lot more than a procedure - for me, a month in ICU, 8 hours in surgery, another week in ICU, a week on a ward, then discharge and recovery. My ride since the transplant has been very smooth, no serious health issues.
At the end of the day that is encouraging news Ron!

Bruce is truly one of the good guys... My prayers are with you buddy....

Bruce, wishing you peace and confidence on your journey,,will pray for your health, and your families strength.

Thanks once again for all of the prayers and thoughts, and wishesfor the best. Wife and I just in hour or so ago from Salt Lake City after two days of work-ups, interviews, pshyce, etc. to see if even a candidate for transplant list. turns out I am, whooda thought? They get pretty picky, and I by no means have always been an upstanding citizen. :lol: They mosly want to try and figure out if a person is going to adopt the proper lifestyle and behaviors to take care of this extremely precious gift which is being offerd to them without just pissing it away. Unfortunatly, will have to give up baccy for some time, but a minor sacrifice all in all for what I mentioned prior is a precious gift. And it should never be forgotten that some unfortunate individual has had to give up the most precious gift of all to give me this opportunity, that being life on this earth.

I fully intend to remain active on the board while feeling up to it, and will be some time more than likely before my name comes up for actuall transplant. Also, have to clear up the cancer in the tumor first, but prognosis good for that.This is a great bunch of people here, and I consider you a great huge part of my support group both now and post op.

Mark(justpipes) my friend thanks for posting thread. I was feeling kinda awkward about doing that myself. That, and your prose is much better than mine. :lol:

Gratefully

Bulldog Bruce

Good news man! Glad to hear everything is moving forward as it should.

Very encouraging news Bruce and I know that you will come through everything just fine. I also know that there is a great bunch of folks here to offer support. Thanks for giving us an update!

Update: Procedure today( embolization ) postponed two weeks. Actually worked out for best. Gonna be done at SLC VA hospital right across road from Huntsman Center, still being performed by my team. This way Vets. Admin. will pay all costs for this particuler procedure plus all follow-up CT's MRI's. etc. Biggest bonus VA will pay all post transplant meds., about $2300 bucks a month intially, and anti rejection meds I'll be on for rest of life, which ain't cheap either. When I have actuall liver transplant will be back across road at University of Utah med center. Still concerned, but in good sprits.

Thanks again for all prayers, thoughts, and support.

Bruce

Happy to hear that things are going in a positive direction!! I will surely contiinue to pray for you and whole family. Continue to let us know whats happennning and what all is goingon. My Best to you :sunny:

Bruce, that all sounds like great news! God is good all the time, even in adverse situations!