Replacement parts

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggman

B of B Supporter
Reaction score
If any of you guys work on your own fountain pens where do you get your parts from? I have a old 1928-30 Parker duo fold senior that needs a ink bladder. The nib and rest of the pen looks good.

I suppose if I wanted to try this, I would maybe get parts and tools here.

https://www.vintagepensacsandparts.com/section.php/2/1/ink_sacs_for_fountain_pens

But I usually send it to someone. And they all seem to be buried in work.

Faded memory says, that you may need a section tool and shellac in addition to the ink sac. Maybe even long pliers to reach inside the barrel. But don't quote me on that.

Ok maybe I do need to send them to someone. My wife has her grandmothers pen that needs have someone looks at. I was thinking I might get hers fixed too. So who would you recommend to send a couple of pens to? I’m in no big rush to get them done. I just would like to have them to write with sometime.

Thanks again fazby. I looked at their site and that will be in St. Louis in June. I think I am goi g to run up three and check them out

I’m am seriously pondering the idea of attending a pen show this year.littlerock is in March but the Indy pen persons will not be there. Early May  is Chicago and stlouis is in Late june. i was thinking maybe smoke a pipe hit a campground and relax a couple days.i know there’s a couple guys in the general area.

I’m also fixing to start looking for campgrounds in the ozarks to do some camping and fishin hopefully. Anyone have any yays or nays on this subjet.

I live in West Tennessee ripcode 38261 anyone has añy ideas. Or even if there is somewhere you’d like you would like to check out .

Thanks kj4unx