Restemming a Pipe

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, I've got this beautiful Savinelli Billiard that a friend gave me years back before he moved out of town.

Long story short, the stem got lost somewhere along the way, and I'd like to replace it. I know this won't be as simple as just buying another stem, but I'm not sure how to go about this.

Thanks in advance!

Just about any pipe repairman should be able to take care of that no problem. Or you could perhaps try contacting savinelli and see if they might be able to take care of you.

Walker replaced bitten-through stems on three of my oldest briars and did a beautiful job. This was a few months back. Price was very reasonable, and as I recall the time frame from my trip to the PO to admiring their craftsmanship was less than two weeks.

As others have said, any competent pipe repair folks will be able to replace the bit. It won't be an OEM but many times the replacement can be better. And you can have the bit customized to your needs such as over the years when I've gotten replacement bits I've always had them made with nice wide thin hand cut fishtail bits . I second Walker as I've used them for many years and always had good service at reasonable prices. :twisted: :twisted: