Results of the VA and VaPer recommendations

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still going with if reviews were articulate and not "don't smoke this, it's crap" then they are much more worth while. If you can't articulate why you did or didn't like something then the review is moot. Same with those who don't like aromatics and decimate a particular tobacco with is a perfectly find aromatic for people who like aros. Why do cigar people take some stock in Cigar Aficionado ratings and writing? They're articulate, describe the experience and give you a sense of what to expect. I find these helpful and somewhere in the ballpark when I try a certain cigar. Pipes don't seem to have any kind of authoritative system and people whose jobs it is to try tobaccos and write intelligent reviews.

But definitely what you have done with the VA and VaPers is quite valid, take a particular style of tobacco and take the numbers of thumbs up for certain blends. As a rule of thumb if a certain tobacco is give a thumbs up more often than other you could assume that x number of people can't be that wrong. The free-for-all style of TR is it's downfall and allows the "it's crap don't try it" reviews stand.

release the english list crowdog. i've got my xmas list to finish!

(doverpipes, my wife said hell no to the crockpot. will have to go about it another route! will get back to you!)

bruins":nnbaih5b said:

(doverpipes, my wife said hell no to the crockpot. will have to go about it another route! will get back to you!)
Cookie sheet & rack or cookie sheet and a silpat.......Low & Slow!!!!! ;)
PS: Open a window or two if the smell bothers the little lady.

bruins":ym8ixcrw said:

As long as Penzance and Odyssey are in the list nobody gets hurt. :D

Thanks Crowdog, appreciate the legwork! (fingerwork?) Nice to see a list like this.