Retro-haling

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
desertpiper":r6ngsn0c said:
I thought this was called snorkleing, or something like that. Are they both the same?
I thought snorkeling had something to do with goggles, fins, and looking at pretty fish. :D

I use this technique, and have found most titles for it kind of silly but ya got call it something I guess. Retro-hale or snork are the most common I have heard used. I do find I pick up more subtle "flavors" with it with certain toby, but not all. As someone already mentioned a blend with a good amount of spice from Perique can be quite an experience,lol. Smoke what and how ya like.

Absolutely do this. Not every time or every blend but when I'm looking for details, and nuance it hits the nail right on the head. Considering taste is something like 80-90% smell it makes sense.

I love to snork some good pipe baccy. Definitely helps taste all they have to offer.

a8e944d2c9165574b4a0916ab9037094.jpg

I once read in an old book about the history of tobacco and pipes that native americans nearly always blew smoke thru the nostrils when smoking tobacco. The quote was from an early contact source and described the practice as a way to get the strongest effects of from the tobacco.

My grandkids all laugh and say grandpa's playing dragon again, but his fire went out.... He just blows out steam now 'cause he's old.............

Humph. kids these days, eh? No more respect for elders than I did as a kid........

wait, what?

ANYWAY........... I prefer to French inhale to get a nose full. 'Retrohaling' just smells like stale smoke most of the time, or whatever I've been drinking......

Can only say I love retrohaling or whatever it's called except for perique heavy blends. They make me sneeze like nothing else. In fact as I'm French inhaling, or whatever, more I'm liking some blends less than I used to such as gaslight, it causes massive sneezing fits.

Cheers

Tim

Edit; just realised the sneezing fit is due to my silly sinuses playing up and not the amount of perique. Sadly have to lay off the retrohaling for a while. No matter what I smoke, retrohaling causes massive sneezing fit. Where's me antihistamines.

Cheers

Tim