Rhamnus Root Wood

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boulder

Reaction score

Does anyone know anything about Hand Made Rhamnus Root Wood Smoking Pipes?

The ones I have seen on ebay were plain designs from unknown/un-named carvers, the stems and bits of most are wood also

The grain has an attractive appeal, the wood itself is dense and heavy, the wooden bit could be a concern for clenchers, bite damage, moisture, the weight as well.

Like many things just another product trying to find its niche in the market, Briar is the standard for pipes, but really any material could be used to make a pipe with the limitations and charatures of said material a factor.

Like pipes made of deer/elk horn or bone, if they suit your fancy by all means enjoy,

The Rhamnus root pipes I have seen were in the 80.00 to 200.00 range just more than I am willing to spend on a plain design by an no-name or unknown carver, kinda a pricey basket pipe, The appearance and grain look is nice, wether the draw is true hard to say,

But if you can buy it and not miss the investment by all means give it a try, you may find a real gem of a smoker, :sunny:

I saw a couple around 200 with mouth piece and a band, very interesting grain.

Thanks for the input, John.

Now that link shows some good looking pipes. and the pipe knife is real nice too I cant get it to translate but the pictures are nice