Riff Raff

Brothers of Briar

Help Support Brothers of Briar:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josjor

Reaction score
I thought I better add a kudo to Riff Raff, aka Al. I bought a Boswell and a Stanwell from him and he made me a good deal and shipped them very quickly and packed well. I'd gladly do business with him again.

Bought two GBD pipes from Al on Tuesday night 8/20/2013, (they were mailed the following morning), and they arrived today Friday 8/23/2013. Al offered the pipes at a very fair price and I bought them. When the pipes arrived they were better than pictured. They were clean and in excellent shape. I'm sure I got the better end of the bargain. Al is a pleasant honest guy to do business with. He is very friendly and I enjoyed the experience. Highly recommended.

AJ

I got a very well priced pipe from him that he had refurbished...impeccable job. It was like he CARED about doing a good job. That riff raff...what a guy! Oh! Packing, shipping, and all that jazz...first rate.

Wow, thanks for the kind words guys. I didn't know these threads were out there.

I bought a beautiful pipe bag from Al a while ago. He held it for me for a few days and then shipped it super quick.

RiffRaff did an outstanding job of refurbishing 4 Comoy pipes that I had.  Unique problem of a chip/hole in the stem and I didn't want to replace the stem losing the authenticity of the pipe.  He cut the tips of the stem off and rebuilt a new button for each.  Top notch job on all of them.

Yes, he cares about the job he does....like it belongs to him...couldn't ask for a better repair, couldn't ask for a better person than riffraff.  Thanks Al.

Thanks so much Walt, I'm glad you are pleased. Taking a saw and file to a Comoys Blue Riband stem is a little nerve-racking, but there were no surprises.

pepesdad1":x00lgf3n said:
RiffRaff did an outstanding job of refurbishing 4 Comoy pipes that I had.  Unique problem of a chip/hole in the stem and I didn't want to replace the stem losing the authenticity of the pipe.  He cut the tips of the stem off and rebuilt a new button for each.  Top notch job on all of them.

Yes, he cares about the job he does....like it belongs to him...couldn't ask for a better repair, couldn't ask for a better person than riffraff.  Thanks Al.

Just completed a terrific deal with Al for a GBD Bulldog pipe of his. I'd been Jonesin' for one of these for some time and to get one that he had personally cared for is beyond expectations. Of course it arrived masterfully refurbished and ready to smoke.

A+ on communication, packaging, shipping, etc. If there ever was a need for a SOP on "how to properly do a trade" Al should write it. We all could take a page from it!

Thanks very much Al - you're the best!

Cheers,

RR

Wow, you are too kind and I appreciate the compliment.
That was a tough one to sell, but it feels a lot better knowing it is with someone looking for that shape and a fellow forum brother. Every time I smoke one of my 9438's, I wonder why I buy other pipes. I hope it does as well for you as it did for me. I have a number of pictures of that pipe, if you would like those via email, just shout.

Brewdude":qywh7kfp said:
Just completed a terrific deal with Al for a GBD Bulldog pipe of his. I'd been Jonesin' for one of these for some time and to get one that he had personally cared for is beyond expectations. Of course it arrived masterfully refurbished and ready to smoke.

A+ on communication, packaging, shipping, etc. If there ever was a need for a SOP on "how to properly do a trade" Al should write it. We all could take a page from it!

Thanks very much Al - you're the best!

Cheers,

RR

Just bought a James Upshall bent bulldog from riff raff (Al). He had cleaned it up very nicely and shipped it out super fast. Thanks!

fsu92john":h8tl615y said:
Just bought a James Upshall bent bulldog from riff raff (Al). He had cleaned it up very nicely and shipped it out super fast. Thanks!
Thank you for the kind words and enjoy the Upshall!

Just picked up a nice old Comoy from Al. He does a great job at restoring old beauties and sales them for a fair price. Great communication and fast ship. True brother to deal with.

Bought a GBD from Al, and not only is he an excellent brother to do business with, he also does a superb job restoring the pipes he sells.

Thanks Al.

DrumsAndBeer":q7l8wma2 said:
Bought a GBD from Al, and not only is he an excellent brother to do business with, he also does a superb job restoring the pipes he sells.

Thanks Al.
Thank you and enjoy her!

I also picked up a GBD from Al. Top notch restoration and fast shipping. Thanks!

Another excellent experience buying a refurbished pipe from Al.

Thanks again. 8)